Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps? >

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 PM

I have never cared for Trip Around the World. Although some I've seen are pretty, most of the time I find the pattern boring. Again, a lot of what makes a quilt is how the quilter interprets the pattern and selects the fabrics and those factors can make a huge difference in whether or not I like the quilt.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm not big on the art quilt with beading and fringes and stuff. I still want to be comfortable hugging my quilts.

My favorite will always be the log cabin and scrappy Jacobs Ladders.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by hpylady
Originally Posted by raedar63
And this ladies is why I will not post pics of any of my work :)
Please don't let these comments stop you from posting, these ladies and gents would not like for you not to post your beautiful work. Not everybody likes the same things, but like they said, they see the topic and will skip over it. I just got through posting a floral log cabin that was pink and white, and a few said they were not fans of the log cabin, but thought mine was beautiful. Ok? So post your hard, pretty work. I bet if they choose to look at it, it will be a good remark. I know they will comment a good remark or not comment at all.

I love log cabins and bargellos, it does not hurt my feelings what so ever if anyone doesn't. There is always lots and lots more of people that love these 2 quilt patterns than those who don't. And really I appreciate honesty especially if it is said in a way that doesn't hurt anyone else's feelings. There has been a many of time that someone said they didn't like something I made or did that made me a better quilter, etc.

Please post your pictures of your work whether it is perfect or far from it. I promise you, it will help someone else. :cry: :roll: :)
Thanks,for your kindness ;) ;)
Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by PattyS
I don't like Quilts that don't make any sense. That isn't the true art of Quilting.
Please explain ?What dosn't make sence and what is the true art of quilting.

PS
Like your avatar, I ride a 2001 fatboy :)
Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by molly oldham
I absolutely love scrap quilts. That's the first thing I click on in the topics. This is a great discussion!!
Me too :)
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Memory quilts. The photocopied pictures really turn me off.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SueDor
I'm not crazy about bargellos either. Some that I have seen here on the board are great, but I wouldn't want to make one.
Ditto
Old 08-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

I don't care for bargellos either. Nor Grandmother's Flower Garden, or Trip Around the World, or OBW's that are hexagon shaped or sweet sue... There are probably more quilt patterns I dislike than like! But we are all individuals and have our own tastes. In general this is a really supportive group, so no one should be afraid to post their work. You will only get positive comments. If I can't say something genuinely nice about someone else's work, I don't say anything at all.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:29 PM

So funny! Bargellos make me dizzy, I love log cabins and I don't even know what crumb or convergence quilts are! But I always learn so much here. By next week I'll be able to tell you if I like them or not!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 PM

It's funny, the minute I say I don't like a specific pattern, someone makes it and uses fantastic fabric or puts a special twist on it and it looks fantastic. It just may be a pattern than I would not be able to pull off without a whole lot of help. My imagination is not so great and need color assistance on a regular basis.