Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Whole-cloth quilt kinda "done"... >

Whole-cloth quilt kinda "done"...

Whole-cloth quilt kinda "done"...

Old 08-23-2011, 07:54 AM

Beautiful!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 AM

Gorgeous! Seeing all of borntohandquilt's work has made me feel all "inspire-y" lately, a wholecloth is now on the list. Yours is beautiful and adds to my motivation! : )

A question (sorry if someone else already asked and I missed it)- on average, how many hours a day did you work on it?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 AM

I have another question is the frame you used the "Hinterberg 17in-wide Stretch Quilting Frame" and does it work for hand quilting as well as Machine. I need to buy a hand quilting frame and this one is in my price range.

Thanks
Elliotsgreatgrandma
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Such patience! Such Talent! Such Beauty! Congrats
Old 08-23-2011, 08:18 AM

I quilted a quilt just like your probably 15 years ago and gave to a good friend for Christmas I quilted with blue thread Rosie
Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 AM

amazing quilting, wonderful job, what a great family heirloom!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
Gorgeous! Seeing all of borntohandquilt's work has made me feel all "inspire-y" lately, a wholecloth is now on the list. Yours is beautiful and adds to my motivation! : )

A question (sorry if someone else already asked and I missed it)- on average, how many hours a day did you work on it?
Some days I didn't work on it at all. Some days I would do a 2-4 hours. During this time, we also took 4 weeks off for vacation, so subtract that time, too.

I really need to get a timer that I can just push when I start quilting and push to stop when I stop...to keep a running total of how many hours I have into something. That is usually what people ask me most...how much time...and I can't tell them hours...only how many months it was in the frame. :)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Elliotsgreatgrandma
I have another question is the frame you used the "Hinterberg 17in-wide Stretch Quilting Frame" and does it work for hand quilting as well as Machine. I need to buy a hand quilting frame and this one is in my price range.

Thanks
Elliotsgreatgrandma
That's not the frame I used. My frame was made from a kit by Hinterberg and my DH bought it used last year for my 50th birthday. I'd been wanting one for many, many years. Before this frame, I used a PVC floor frame.

This is what my frame was made from...
http://www.hinterberg.com/prod-Easy_Build_Kit-7.aspx
Old 08-23-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Originally Posted by Kristin in ME

Some days I didn't work on it at all. Some days I would do a 2-4 hours. During this time, we also took 4 weeks off for vacation, so subtract that time, too.

I really need to get a timer that I can just push when I start quilting and push to stop when I stop...to keep a running total of how many hours I have into something. That is usually what people ask me most...how much time...and I can't tell them hours...only how many months it was in the frame. :)
Yes, I understand! With my current quilt, I fully intended to keep track of hours- that lasted about two days! Now I just kind of "guesstimate". Sounds like your quilting schedule is somewhat similar to mine... maybe a wholecloth is within the realm of possibility for me! Thanks for replying. :)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Stunning quilt !!!!