Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Pfaff Grand Quilter >

Pfaff Grand Quilter

Pfaff Grand Quilter

Old 08-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Greetings from Sacramento area in CA. The Grandquilter takes a different needle. Can't remember the code for it right now but I get mine at the dealer. They come in little paper packets - not the standard needle cases.

How tight do you have your tension? I run mine through 2 of the loops. GQ can be persnickety about thread. It apparently does not like them all.

Are you aware that there is a yahoo group for grandquilter? I'd suggest you sign up with them too and get some more specific ideas. The guys and gals in that group turn out beee-outiful quikts on their GQs. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:36 PM

Hello from Western Mountain Maryland !! :-D
Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM

There is a group on yahoo for this machine it is called Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter group. Join the group and all your problems will be solved. I know that's what i did :D . Also that group has the instruction book for the pfaff machine. If you want pm your email and i will send it to you. It tells you what to do if your thread breaks.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from Minnesota!
Hope things are working better for you now! :)
Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Wow, thanks so much for all the suggestions. I am so thrilled with all the lovely people who have sent me messages to help out. It is working great now and I finished the quilt on there. The bobbin thread is showing a little on the top, but for the next quilt going on, I am using the same thread in top and bottom so it won't really matter, but what do I change for that? I can't remember if it's the top or bottom thread. Thanks again.
CA
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM

Glad you are having better luck with your machine. We've all been there. I second the suggestion to join the yahoo Phaff Grand Quilter group-they're great.
It's best to use the same color thread top and botton, just about impossible to get so those little pops of thread don't show. When you do wash the quilt they pretty well sink into the quilt and you don't see them.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from WI.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Not sure if it will help, cause mine keeps breaking as well but my repair guy said I should use a jeans needle.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Welcome from Fl. I don't have your kind of machine, but I found something that may help you.

www.pfaffusa.com/media

Then I clicked on the manual and went to page 53
Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM

I am using a jean needle and it is working fine but today we (my friend and I) managed to use a smaller needle while we quilted her "Northern Lights" quilt with thread. It's actually not a quilt as she is just using thread to make the "lights" and it's just a top; it's working pretty good. I am so greateful for having found this group, so many wonderful people with loads of helpful advice. Are you having any success with your machine?