My feral cats.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
They are adorable! I rescued a kitten about 8 weeks old out of the engine of my friend's co workers truck on Friday the 13. Poor thing was feral also. He had mostly facial injuries from being in the engine compartment. Gash over left eye, all his teeth broken and the gum cut on his left lower jaw. He went straight to the vet and then home. Weren't sure if he had a head injury or not so wasn't sure he would live. Well, he hid forever and ran when humans came near him. He would come out and play with the other cats but never let us touch him. Eventually he got where he would come up on the couch near me to curl up with the oldest female cat. One time when he was asleep, I just reached over and gently rubbed his head. Soon, over a course of time, he would come for the attention and LOVED tummy rubs! We had him over a year before we could physically touch him but it was so worth the wait. And his name you ask? Lucky SOB!
We had a mama cat that moved her litter daily. One day she put her five kittens in the wheel well of my husband's truck. He cam home with only two. One was found by a fellow employee and took it home. We call the last two; Axle and Grease.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:11 PM

I'm glad to hear that someone takes care of the cats that don't have a home. We have problems with the neighbors cats wandering at night and for some reason, they love to fight right outside our bedroom window. It got so bad the other night, they were banging up against the house and fence waking us at 1:30 in the morning. We can't take them in because I am allergic to both cats and dogs. We know they belong to some of the neighbors because they have come asking if we have seen the cats. One neighbor told us their cat is never outside and yet they have a small cat door cut into their door. It wasn't for their 4 great danes. Anyway, glad you are so generous and responsible. :)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:15 PM

[quote=Phannie1
We had a mama cat that moved her litter daily. One day she put her five kittens in the wheel well of my husband's truck. He cam home with only two. One was found by a fellow employee and took it home. We call the last two; Axle and Grease.[/quote]

When MamaCat had her litter, she left and had them elsewhere and we didn't see her for weeks. But when weaning time came, she brought them all back to our place. Guess she knew they could get food here.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
When MamaCat had her litter, she left and had them elsewhere and we didn't see her for weeks. But when weaning time came, she brought them all back to our place. Guess she knew they could get food here.
Tomilu; She brought them because she knows they're safe and taken care of and that you are a rescuer of animals (and vintage sewing machines.) Chris
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM

I had a cat that looked like Papa cat. He was a minx also and we called him Numpie. He lived to be 18yrs old, was all gray and every friendly. Love that cat.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 PM

Pretty cats! I am so glad you are trapping them and spaying. What a great thing to do. Too many stray cats in the world. We have 2 neutered boys and they are just like my babies. Haha!!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 PM

I love and adore cats. yours are so pretty. Here is a pic of my 11 yr old, indoor, male part Maine Coon kitty. He weighs about 20lbs.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249787.jpe  
Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 PM

There is hope. We tamed Mama cat down. It took about 1 year. She realized that we were not there to hurt her and that when we came so did the food. I just wish I could get her fixed but they want a lot of $$$$ for that. She does like to hunt mice in the barn. It's warm with lots of food. She knows she has it good. In the winter my DH even heats a small room for her. LOL She sleeps on a bed of black sheep wool that came off one of our black sheep.

Very cute kittens and adults.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:42 PM

[quote=chris_quiltsTomilu; She brought them because she knows they're safe and taken care of and that you are a rescuer of animals (and vintage sewing machines.) Chris[/quote]

Thanks, Chris. Our family has been rescuing animals back four generations. Must be in the genes.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 PM

[quote=KarenR]There is hope. We tamed Mama cat down. It took about 1 year. She realized that we were not there to hurt her and that when we came so did the food. .quote]

I need and hope to spend more time outside with them when this terrible heats subsides. We set a record 108 today.