curtain nightmare

Old 09-04-2011, 06:01 AM

I needed to vent and thank you in advance for listening. I set out 3 weeks ago to make curtains for my classroom. Simple simple no ruffle curtains. Should be easy peasy. Well I can only use one hand so cutting is very difficult for me. I asked my Dh who is usually awesome about these things to help me. Finally after weeks of asking he cut the panels for me last night. Well I did math wrong in my head. I had him cut them at 66". They needed to be finished 64". So after I sewed the first panel and hung it in my sewing room I found out I need to add another 6 ". Ok, no problem just cut a 6.5 inch strip to attach to the bottom. I cut it sew it on and realize the bottom is completely wavy. Turns out DH guesstimated where to cut after the first panel. So, now all my panels are uneven and what should have been an 1.5 hr sewing job is turning into a nightmare. DH likes to sleep until noon on weekends. So now I have to wait for him to get functional 1 or 2pm to help me re-cut etc. I'll be lucky if I get 2 panels done today ... There are 6 panels in all. I am so frustrated. I hate not being able to do this stuff on my own. Thanks for letting me vent. I am so mad I could cry. I have a full size t shirt quilt waiting on me and had hoped to get these curtains done and the t shirt quilt ready to go for tomorrow. Time is so limited these days stupid reasons for delay aggravate me to no end.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 AM

The absolute WORST time to ask a DH to help do anything is when they don't want to......
They will screw it up every time...
Old 09-04-2011, 06:06 AM

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) Things will work out.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:06 AM

Well I messed up to begin with on my measurement but, he was mad I spent 60.00 on material for my classroom. I got a good deal too. 3.99 a yd on reg 9.99 a yd fabric! So ... yes he was mad already I should have called a neighbor to help LOL.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:08 AM

Now my question is do I try to line up patterned fabric that is already of skew coming off the bolt or do I just add a co coordinating solid to the bottom as a sort of border....
Old 09-04-2011, 06:08 AM

All good things take time. I'm sure when you're done, you will love your new curtains and you will remember (for a life time) how you and DH made them together. I always try to find the silver lining! This might just be some one else's way of telling you to slow down. Smell the roses... It will all work out in the end Nikki!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:10 AM

I feel your frustration, especially the part about DH sleeping to noon on weekends while you are raring to go on your project. Years ago DH work nights and slept most of the day while the kids and I were on the regular daytime schedule with work and school. Sitting around waiting for him to get up and get going drove me crazy, especially when I needed to discuss something with him or needed his help with something. Hope your DH gets up soon and helps you solve your curtain problem.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Bless your heart...I felt so bad reading this! Hoping the end will be much nicer than the journey there.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Grannymom
The absolute WORST time to ask a DH to help do anything is when they don't want to......
They will screw it up every time...
I hear you sister, we just finished a bathroom remodel that DH wasn't too interested in doing.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 AM
BMP

I am sorry this is happening if were me I guess I would just go out buy the darn curtains and use the fabric for something else....