Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? >

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Old 09-04-2011, 03:05 PM

I am going to be quilting on a quilt I am making for someone I work with...she is 31 and has breast cancer and is going through chemo, then will have surgery, then more chemo and I wanted to make her a quilt to use while she is getting the chemo and to cuddle with to give her some comfort. It is pinks and browns and is the Lucky Star pattern. Basted it just a while ago, and hope to get it quilted tomorrow and then bound and to her before end of week.

So, what are you working on??
Old 09-04-2011, 03:09 PM

You are doing a wonderful thing. The quilt will help her getting through this difficult time of hers. I will be praying for your friend.

This is so nice of you to do something like this for her. May God bless you both!

I will be working on some pincushions, those cute little chicken pincushions. (There is a tutorial on this site here).
Old 09-04-2011, 03:09 PM

I am embroiderying 260 dragonflies on 5" blocks before I assemble the quilt... Very slow going, but I work on it - then take a little break to check the QB... etc... may get it done by Christmas.. ha ha
Old 09-04-2011, 03:10 PM

That is so nice of you. I am working on 2 quilts they are the same pattern and fabrics so I decided to make them at the same time. Today I sandwiched each of them. I will have to wait for my thread to come in the mail before I can quilt them though. So later I will piece the binding for one of them and tomorrow I will cut out another quilt to work on.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Can't wait to see your Lucky Stars quilt...one of my favorite patterns!

I just finished a quilt top for my only planned Christmas quilt this year. I also finished up another top this week, an old project that I put aside because I didn't like it. It looks much better since I added borders. I haven't had a chance to post my pics. I am hoping to piece the back of that one tomorrow. It's going to be my experimental quilt using a panto based pattern on my domestic machine. I've got my Golden Threads paper and need to draw it out, then I can sandwich and quilt. I don't think I'll get to the quilting for a week or two though...life gets in the way sometimes.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm working on a tshirt quilt for my son. Just washed the red and hopefully got all the extra dye out, last water wasn't pink so think i'm ok. gotta get the backing ironed onto the tshirts and then figure out the final sizes. Will see how far I get.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Im working on a quilt top for my future DIL's mother. My DIL wants to give her mom a quilt for their wedding. Hold on to your fat quarters girls...its going to be black and white, cream and plum. Yes....you heard it right. Not sure how it will look but we'll see. Wedding is on the 10th, yup...next weekend. ugh! I took this project with me when we went up to the mountains for 2 wks, but procrastinated too much. Now I have to hussle. Wish me luck...
Old 09-04-2011, 03:33 PM

I am working on a christening gown for a great granddaughter who is to be born the week before Christmas.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:39 PM

In the back of a closet I found ten yards of 100% wool, a tiny back and white herringbone, so I have been making a winter blanket for our bed. Today is our 35th wedding anniversary.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM

I'm working on the McCall's "America the Beautiful" series sampler quilt. Very fun!