Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What I did this weekend - a comparison of productivity (or lack of) >

What I did this weekend - a comparison of productivity (or lack of)

What I did this weekend - a comparison of productivity (or lack of)

Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 AM

This weekend (Labor Day to be specific) I canned 3 quarts of pickles, and 2-1/2 quarts of jalapenos. Then I cut and sewed six 18" 9-patches to make a d9p quilt from.

That was Monday.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 AM

I thought it was only me. I am working on my 1st log cabin quilt, queen sized. Each block is 10 1/2 inches. I am doing it strip, which is a first also. Takes me about 2 hours for a block
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 AM

I can relate to that - I go to my quilt meetings, everyone is showing there quilts and there I sit. I keep telling myself - I need to do something - But I also work full time with alot of overtime and then Saturdays take my Mom shopping or whatever she needs. Then sometimes there are family gatherings or other things going on. My 3 day weekend was really 4 1/2 days - I took a couple days vacation - took Mom shopping Saturday, Sunday was church, Monday I was sick - finally yesterday I washed alot of fabrics and worked around my place because I wasn't able to do it Monday because I was sick. So now - if I don't work overtime the rest of the week - hopefully - I can get started on some quilting.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Barb44
Originally Posted by sewmary
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
I think I have self diagnosed ADD when it comes to quilting. I get so easily distracted. Get the fabric out, take a break. Iron, take a break, fold to cut, take a break. I don't get much done, but, that's the way it is.
Me too! Me too! Imagine how little we would get done if we worked together! :!:
Make that three! :roll:
sigh... soooo right there with you.... sigh...
:lol:
Old 09-07-2011, 09:06 AM

For every "fast" quilt I make, there are at least TWO that challenge me...right now I'm trying to finish the design work on a commissioned quilt and you'd think I had NEVER done this before!
I guess I have learned to accept that there just isn't any uniform "speed" level...just depends on how your creativity gene is acting (?up?)...
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM

I was thinking about this too. What did I done this weekend? I made an entire, 36 block, Christmas Wreath quilt (finished hand binding last night. Want to know how big it was? 9.5" including the two borders! When I told a friend she said, "what were you thinking!" That's what I'm going to name this little baby. Each of the 36 blocks finish at 1". This is only my second miniature and after my first I said I would never do it again. So, ten years later here I am doing a second one. But the 'itty bitty twister ruler' was so cute at the class preview I went to on Friday at the LQS and they had the pattern and I just had to try it.

Then, Sunday, I put on my big girl pants and went to JoAnn's to get a GO! cutter. It was a good buy but that's a big chunk of money out of my budget and it made my heart pound in my throat to spend that much money on something so frivilous. But I figured if I worked 67 hours last week I deserved something special. They had to order it so I hope to have it this weekend.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 AM

OOH OOH Please share your chili rellanos recipe please.

In my defense I also went to my local farm co-op, picked half bushel of tomatoes which I put up 5 quarts of sauce , 24 Poblano chilis of which I turned into chili rellanos for the freezer, 5 eggplants which became a huge dish of eggplant parm, 2 quarts of pole beans, blanched and in the freezer. And I wonder why I am so dog tired after these long weekends![/quote]
Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 AM
SMR

I always have way more ideas for projects than time to do them even though I'm now home alone all day every day. Health issues have made impossible for me to work and I can't even sew or cut for very long before it's break time. I enjoy seeing what others manage to acomplish.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

What we accomplish is in direct proportion to size and with me it would have to be a deadline to finish. I'm told I work best under pressure. Maybe that's why the family reunion quilts are always done in the last 2 weeks.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:57 AM
KVz

Hey, I beat you! I got 30 inches of binding sewed on! 'Course my stitches aren't all that great, so you probably got more actual stitches in. Sometimes life just gets in the way--like almost every day!