Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do brand name logos bother you... >

Do brand name logos bother you...

Do brand name logos bother you...

Old 09-09-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
I didn't notice it until you pointed it out but now it bugs me. Maybe cover it with applique or something? Love the panels though. They're so lifelike.
I agree with applique, and I wouldn't buy more from them, and send them a letter telling them why.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:35 AM

If it bothers you (and it would me) then I would paint over it with fabric paint or applique a small leaf over it and on to the sashing. If you are gifting it to someone who cares about brands then just ignore it.... They are beautiful panels.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 AM

You've already had a lot of answers but, until I Googled the term, I didn't know what it was. If you're making the wall hanging or quilt for a hunter, they may WANT the logo to show.

It probably depends on your audience.

Just my 2 yen,
Marcia
Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by MIJul
I guess I wouldn't have noticed it, but now that you've pointed it out, I don't care for it. I would leave it there since it's not too obviously distracting. It would be different if it didn't blend.
I saw a bolt of fabric at WalMart yesterday that had a logo printed every so many inches. I was wondering if it was an accident or intentional. It wasn't very large, about the size of this message font.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 AM

My grandfather was obsessed with John Deere. Everything had to be John Deere, nothing else would do, so there weren't just tractors, etc lying around the house but "John Deere Parking Only" type signs, etc. After he died, I found fabric with all their logos over the years printed on it, and turned it into a bag that I've got with me pretty much all the time. It's vintagey looking, so you only notice the john deere logo when you look closely at it, but I love it. Really, is it any different from Hello Kitty?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 AM

If you are making this for a hunter, leave it on! It shows that this is THE right fabric - I know, I know - it's dumb. But most hunters LIKE the logo. Without the logo, you have just any old wildlife print. With the logo, you show you have the right stuff.

I made some snow camo pants and coat for my husband about 15 years ago. He wants a new set, but he wants them out of the EXACT same fabric. It's not made anymore, and I can prove it with the logo on the fabric. While I've found fabric that's close, it's just not the same. I thank my luck stars every day, because I'd really rather quilt than make hunting clothes....
Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

hmm, i probably would not buy it!!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 AM

The panel is lovely. So real looking.
I would leave the logo - it's a guy thing. They will love it being there. Just like Farmall, John Deere, Mossy Oak, etc.
If this is for you, by all means remove it, but be creative with how you piece together.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 AM

I don't like it either. I'd try to cover it somehow. Maybe a little bird appliqued over the name would work.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:01 AM

I have seen this on a few fabrics and no I probably wouldn't buy it. I don't want advertising to get in the way of my overall design.