Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do brand name logos bother you... >

Do brand name logos bother you...

Do brand name logos bother you...

Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM

I don't like the logos; but the pictures are lovely! Might you consider adding a little applique over each one to go with whatever is in each picture like a deer hoof, bear paw....something simple. Then you won't lose anything.
Shame on the companies for doing that.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 AM

I don't care if it has the logo, I have been wanting that fabric for a quilt for DH. Do thet sell the camo without the panel??. are you selling that line?

My DH is a hunter and has been wanting a camo quilt, but to him, this is real camo, he thinks the other is fake stuff.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 AM
QKO

It's obviously a licensed fabric.

Most licensed fabrics require that the logo or tradename be printed on the fabric, and the fabric can't be used in manufacturing goods for resale.

So if you're making craft items for resale on etsy, ebay or elsewhere, you may want to consider staying away from licensed fabrics.

Nothing says though that for personal use you can't cut off or cover up the logo..
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 AM

I've never seen this before, either.

If I ever noticed that a fabric I liked had a brand on it while I was still in the store, it would not be going home with me. I'm already ticked off enough at the 2" tall printing (advertising) that you get on some selvege edges. I'm getting crabby in my old age. ;)
Old 09-09-2011, 11:49 AM

I don't keep logos on fabric. I don't buy clothes, purses or other stuff that has a logo on it. I'm not getting paid to advertise for them. I won't even buy a car with the dealer's name on it and they don't like that one bit.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by fatquarters
I don't care if it has the logo, I have been wanting that fabric for a quilt for DH. Do thet sell the camo without the panel??. are you selling that line?

My DH is a hunter and has been wanting a camo quilt, but to him, this is real camo, he thinks the other is fake stuff.
They don't sell just the camo. Unfortunately! 'Cause I think there would be a bigger market for that, than the animal prints. I saw these pictures today and have been considering carrying the line, but the logo was more prominent than I would have liked, and I wanted to find out what other people thought about that.

I haven't yet looked into the price, to see if we'd all be paying for the brand. I do know that, in general, licensed fabrics command about 25 cents more per yard at the wholesale level.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Can you tell me the name of the line, I can have a look when it comes in
Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Don't like logo's
Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM

I always thought when something was printed like that it was to keep you from making copies of it. Dummy me!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
The panel is lovely. So real looking.
I would leave the logo - it's a guy thing. They will love it being there. Just like Farmall, John Deere, Mossy Oak, etc.
If this is for you, by all means remove it, but be creative with how you piece together.
I agree with this. It could make it it more valuable to some people and others won't notice it. Beautiful animals.