Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thanks for the hints, tips and addy of the tips >

Thanks for the hints, tips and addy of the tips

Thanks for the hints, tips and addy of the tips

Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Thank you to those of you who replied to my post. I never did see my post and was about to post it again when I stumbled across a place to look at the messages for the main board and finally found it and the answers to it. While there I saw bunch of messages I never did receive at all

I have thought for sometime that I must not be getting all the messages as I would see comments on something I had not seen anything on and wondered about it, so if you should see a double post or double comment on something from me in the future, you know why it happened.

Will print off the tips page and also list the hints given me in reply to my request. If anyone else thinks of a tip or hint they can reply here or private mail me either way.

I have no idea of what to do on getting all the messages, I am subscribed to the digest that comes out with all the topics and what I thought was all the messages, but find that not to be the case at all. I have gone in and checked the categories I want to receive and that's about everything out there to check, so if anyone has any ideas I would welcome them. Is anyone else having a problem?

Thanks again for your help. The machinelady
Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

You can go to My Topics, open your your topics and check for replies. You can also check Watched Topics and see if there have been new replies.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
MTS
Banned

The digest/newsletter is a computer generated random list of just a few of the topics on the board. That's right, computer generated.
It is NOT the board.
I really don't understand the appeal.
It sounds relatively useless, and seems to cause an inordinate amount of confusion.

This link is the home page of the board. From here, you can navigate to all posts/threads.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/

In addition to each forum (Main/Picture/etc.), here's an description of how the Recent/Watched/Unread options work:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-30553-1.htm#628055 and the following posts.

Now you won't miss a thing!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

I don't get the appeal of the digest either. It's just a few of the topics for that day.
Do what MTS suggested. Go to the main link, then click on "All Sections" then subscribe to the ones that interest you. Now just go to the "Unread Topics" link at the top of the page, and all new topics for the sections you are interested in will show up.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:09 PM

i always just open the Unread Topics and there is everything that i have not opened yet