Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So excited!!!!  Just had to tell someone. >

So excited!!!! Just had to tell someone.

So excited!!!! Just had to tell someone.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Yay!!!!!!!!! Have fun!! :D:D
Old 09-10-2011, 04:33 AM

WOW! WOW! WOW! Awesome!!! I have the 98Q, 3 years old now and absolutely LOVE it! To have it omn a frame is a goal I will aspire to shortly- have the frame, need to set it up.

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:43 AM

The first thing I did was read the manual to everything even before I set anything up. I keep my sewing machine manual right on the machine platform for easy access when I am quilting. Practice, practice , and practice. I enjoy my frame and machine so much. It has made a difference in my enjoyment as I am crippled in both arms and can no longer quilt the best way which is by hand.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:46 AM

Congratulations to you, please post pics when you can.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Good for you.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by GreatStarter
Congratulations! It's my dream to own a long arm setup. Unfortunately unless I stumbled upon a marvelously cheap deal it won't ever happen. So when I hear of someone getting their own dream fulfilled I am happy along with them. Enjoy it.

Kat
Kat, It's not a longarm. I dream of a longarm set-up, too. My space is very limited. I'm hoping that I can learn on this and in a few years maybe I can get a machine with a slightly bigger throat space. I'm just tickled pink to have this one. Debbie
Old 09-10-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L
The best advice I can give you is to watch lots of LA quilting videos on Youtube. Then...practice practice practice. The more you play with it the more confidant and precise you will get with it. In the beginning you'll have machine problems that you'll have to work through (learning curve) and your stitching at first will nearly make you believe that you're never going to catch on but then all of the sudden you just get it and it gets better and better from then on.

Also, try sitting on a bar stool or tall chair while doing the tedious work, like stippling in tiny areas. It saves on the back and feet tremendously. I got a cheap backless bar stool and then cut the legs down so it's the perfect height for me. I quilt a section then move the stool over and do the next section. I can do this for hours this way without putting myself in pain. It also allows you to rest your arms on the belly bar so your movements are more steady. That may be considered poor practice for some but for me it really improves my stitching and my pain level (I'm disabled).
Rose, Thanks so much for all the advice. I will look into a stool. Do you have this type of set up? I'm going to look up things on you tube right now. Debbie
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching
I've been lusting after that exact machine...lucky lady!! I scour craigs list daily...maybe some day I'll get lucky too!
I scoured the craigs list ads for my State & surrounding ones daily, too. Sometimes a couple of times a day...ha. I found this one & drove over 60 miles to get it. So, keep on looking and I bet soon you will find one. Debbie
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 AM

Enjoy.... I jumped in with both feet... I got a HQ Avanta a month ago... I've been so busy (with the 2 floods we have had) that I have not had time to practice on it or sew.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Janet My
Enjoy.... I jumped in with both feet... I got a HQ Avanta a month ago... I've been so busy (with the 2 floods we have had) that I have not had time to practice on it or sew.
Janet, The quilt on the bed in your avatar is beautiful. Hope the flood waters have receded and you are able to get started with practice. Lucky you by getting the Avanta. It's one of my dream machines. Debbie