Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 AM

OK...ladies we don't need to stress over this...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN...in our group last time if it was a little late...no problem as long as everyone stayed in touch and let the person behind you know what was going on. I still have not received my quilt from the last round robing I was in and have been happy to start a private one with you ladies. If everything in our worlds was perfect it would be very boring...what makes it interesting are all the bumps in the road. One of my favorite sayings of my Dad's was "God gave us crosses to bear, but he also gave us shoulders. Always remember what doesn't kill you will make you stronger." Life happens...just keep in touch and it will be OK.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Not stressing here just anxious I guess. I knew it would be late. I think our postlady carries it around for a few days in her truck...lol. Well it's probably out sight seeing our county. Love your quote about bearing crosses.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM

Jacquie:

Here is the info on the package on it's way to you: LC895811105US First-Class Mail International

September 30, 2011, 11:56 am TALLAHASSEE, FL 32308

Processed through Sort Facility October 01, 2011, 1:26 am
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099

Processed through Sort Facility October 04, 2011, 1:11 pm
OPA LOCKA, FL 33054 International Letter

That was 2 days ago. It should be on it's way overseas. I will let you know when I get more info. Hopefully it will be there soon!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 AM

that's great... once it hits uk soil i'm hoping i may be able to see it on our site. i haven't tried it coming this way before... only uk to usa... we will see...
http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm...questid=205866
Old 10-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Jacquie, your sweet angel arrived here today. She is beautiful!! Can't wait to start working on my round for her. Love that you sent along the diary. That's a nice way to get to know you. Did you intend for each of us to write in it and pass it along? You live in a beautiful place. Will be keeping in touch. Jodi
Old 10-07-2011, 01:51 PM

oh great!!! i can always give a great sigh of relief when a 'squidgey' finally gets where it going to!!
wonderful news!!:)
yes, ladies please do write in the diary!!!!
lots & lots & lots & lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 AM

wooohhoooo!!!

carole, your 'squidgey' arrived this morning!!

it's wonderful!!! all the little critters are gorgeous!! you don't really see them in the pictures, and your 'signature square', well!! i'm speechless! it's a work of art in itself!!
it's all stunning!! i will be honoured to work on your pieces!!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
wooohhoooo!!!

carole, your 'squidgey' arrived this morning!!

it's wonderful!!! all the little critters are gorgeous!! you don't really see them in the pictures, and your 'signature square', well!! i'm speechless! it's a work of art in itself!!
it's all stunning!! i will be honoured to work on your pieces!!
THANK YOU soooooo much!!!! It is far from perfect, but I had to go with it. I used heat and bond for the applique, not realizing it was the heavy one. I will NEVER do that again!!! Oh well, I can assure everyone that your centers are safe with me. :lol: (Lesson learned!!)

Anyway, I am finished with Kay's center but my daughter borrowed my camera to go to NY this past weekend. They have their own but for some reason, MOM's camera seems to be the one they want. (I wouldn't have it any other way) So as soon as I get it back I will take a photo and post it.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 10-12-2011, 07:08 AM

WOW...finished with it already?!?!?!? That was fast wish I could work that fast. My mind and the fabric doing what I want it too doesn't always play together nicely! Am going to my first office quilting class this weekend. I am soooo excited!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Jacquie I am finished with your angel.....I felt like it needed framing for the first round. I will let her rest on my design wall for the remainder of her stay here. She is just soooo sweet. I will have to try and make one some day.

Jacquie's---Round #1 by Jodi
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270122[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270069.jpe