Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Originally Posted by grannyp70
I am so sorry that you had that happen to you. I am with you about keeping your handgun with you at all times. If I were you and they came back another time and tried to get in your house SHOOT them and ask questions later. It sounds like you are alone, if those people have been watching you, please be careful when you go outside even in the day time. I hope that you can get some rest today. I hope that those people never come back. Sending you BIG HUGS.
Do you know that if you shoot someone outside your home, even though they are trying to break in on you, you are guilty!!! But if they are in your house, you got the right to shoot to kill. I've always been told if you shoot them outside, you better at least get one leg in the door to say they came inside first.
It has been a long while since my experience with a prowler and the county sheriff's officer told me to my face shoot him through the door and drag him inside. Needless to say I had scared him so bad he never came back and was never picked up. Of course that was alot of years ago and I moved alot faster than I do today, so I am not sure how I would react. But you just do what you have to do to keep yourself safe. Don't let anyone get within reach of yourself. I am so glad you are okay and that you are fortifying your castle LOL. Take care and let us hear from you so we know you are okay. pam
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Good morning! Or should I say early evening! My phone rang this morning and my hubby said do you have breakfast ready. He told me where he was. He said Now Don't Shoot. I told him I'm glad he called before he got home. And that he woke me up. I was having a bad dream.

He worked all night. So I got to get some sleep with him home. I put all the guns away from my bedside. I was afraid I might startle, have a dream or anything!

He's back on his way to work. He'll be in sometime tonight.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:55 PM

I just wonder how much more is going to be put on my plate. I think I need to get one of those huge divider plates.

My Momma is back in the hospital. Intensive care. With congestive heart failure. My step dad never even let me know anything. I get information second hand.

I think that was my breaking point!

I called the hospital myself. The lady in intensive care told me not to get upset. Too late!!

They let me talk to my Mom. She assured me she was ok. That she just had some fluid around her heart again. And they were getting it off.

I'll call back later and check on her.

My step dad already went home. And didn't stay with my Mom.