Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:24 AM

Hope your Mom is improving each day , as yourself also.
Prayers for both of you.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Hopefully the hard part is over for you Mom. Prayers work wonders and there are many coming you family's way. Sometimes you have to take one day at a time, sometimes on hour at a time. Hang in there!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Praying for peace, comfort & strength for all. Been through the hospital ordeals with my Mother. Went in with low blood pressure, next day she choked, code blue, respirator, feeding tube......went in Jan 31, Feb 14, dr. wanted to pull the plug, but she was responding to us and answering questions with her fingers!!! She went home April 21 and two years later is fine and has not gone back to that hospital. She celebrated her 81st birthday. This all happened at age 79. She had family every minute except when they forced one out of ICU. Finally had to see hospital administrator and have the social worker step in to assist us in communicating with staff. Dr.'s 1st words to us were, "you know she IS 79 & has parkinson's-no quality of life." Scary!! Prayer got us through it and will work to anyone's advantage if they so chose. Praying for the best outcome for your MOM too!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Praying for peace, comfort & strength for all. Been through the hospital ordeals with my Mother. Went in with low blood pressure, next day she choked, code blue, respirator, feeding tube......went in Jan 31, Feb 14, dr. wanted to pull the plug, but she was responding to us and answering questions with her fingers!!! She went home April 21 and two years later is fine and has not gone back to that hospital. She celebrated her 81st birthday. This all happened at age 79. She had family every minute except when they forced one out of ICU. Finally had to see hospital administrator and have the social worker step in to assist us in communicating with staff. Dr.'s 1st words to us were, "you know she IS 79 & has parkinson's-no quality of life." Scary!! Prayer got us through it and will work to anyone's advantage if they so chose. Praying for the best outcome for your MOM too!!!
Hi Gg - I have to agree with your statements. Just goes to show, and I am proof, our lives are in God's hands and not our doctors. Could be the best thing...Just saying. Sending prayers to hummer from Texas also. (((((((((HUGS))))))
Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM

Hi HummerGC:
Praying for all of you from one WV girl to another.
Yes, I am in WV about one and a half hours away from you if that.
Whereabouts is your momma? PM me if you want.
Take care.
wvdek
Old 09-20-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Hi HummerGC:
Praying for all of you from one WV girl to another.
Yes, I am in WV about one and a half hours away from you if that.
Whereabouts is your momma? PM me if you want.
Take care.
wvdek
Send you a PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:06 PM

Update on my Momma! I don't know what is going on now. She is not feeling good. Her blood pressure has been up today. She said she isn't breatheing good. I think she's been scared all day. I told her not to wait. To go to the ER. She said she would go in tomorrow if she still felt bad. I told her if she's that bad not to wait. To go to the ER tonight.

I haven't heard anything else yet.

Thank you all for all your prayers!!!!!

And my Uncle by marriage, Mom's sisters husband, has turned for the worse again. They called all the his family in. I'm still waiting on news from that direction.

I tell you when it rains it pours sometimes.

Thank you all for listening and praying.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 PM

Oh you poor thing...prayers going up for your family and YOU!! Please keep us posted on things.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM

Betty, I will continue to pray for your mom, uncle, you and your family!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:39 PM

Update! They put my Mom back in the hospital this evening. I don't know why in the world it takes so long for ER to get you in a room when they know you are staying. She was in the ER from around 10am until I guess it was after five I think when I got down there. I hadn't heard any news all day about her. I worried myself to death.
I finished that fall basket I was working on. I just picked it right up and took it with me. I gave it to her. She was so excited. Everyone at the hospital loved it. Already got orders from it. It was a pleasure to see her face light up with it.

I'm still so worried about her. She's still not breatheing good. They can't tell me that something isn't going on. If she still have to have oxygen to breathe well.

They said she was dehydrated. So they are putting fluids in her. And then give her a shot to go pee! Go figure! Guess they think she may have some fluid around her heart. I was also told she could be having mild, oh I don't know what you call it. I keep wanting to say congestive heart failure. But whatever it was she is supposidly having mild ones as an occurance from the heart attack.

She was put in a different hospital. I still think she should of been taken the hospital that done her surgery. But nothing I can do about it. I don't have any say so.

I haven't gotten a thing done today. I'm going to get behind if I don't watch.

My hubby told me to quit worrying. But how can you help it.
And thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They are much needed right now. I have too much on my shoulders. But I know God won't put more on me than I can bare. It's like cowgirl up!!!! No matter what!!!!