Do snakes climb?

Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM

Yes, we had a black snake climb up the drainpipe and was inching out on the brick toward a bird's nest that was on the front porch. It was over 4 feet long. It was an amazing sight. Not as amazing as my uncle bringing a rifle to help my Mom get it off the side of the house...what was he thinking? He probably would have killed us all from the shrapnel...lol.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:41 PM

yes, all I can say is just start praying that the snake will go on by you or not get to your level.
they scare me too. I'll be thinking of you.:)
Old 09-19-2011, 02:42 PM

snakes scare me so much even pictures!!! The owl does work,
Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 PM

I visited Alaska this summer. They have it goin on. There are no snakes in Alaska ,too cold.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
Originally Posted by deedum
I seen one climb up our glass patio door! That wasn't enough, half way up then he squeezed thru the rubber between the doors, the doors was closed. That didn't stop the snake, worked his way right thru and was in my enclosed sunroom. Needless to say, he had the room to himself, til I got a neighbor to get him out!
Yick! You watched this happen? That would've given me the heebie-jeebies. And I sure would've left the room, too.
I watched it happen and I was very much pregnant at the time! OMG! I thought I was going to have the baby right there! I had a wonderful little cocker spaniel that new exactly where the snake was but couldn't get to him because I had boxes on the sunroom for a garage sale that someone was picking up and I wasn't about to move those boxes. Now I live on a lake, don't want to see any here either. But I have and probably will :(
Old 09-19-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by craftygma
snakes scare me so much even pictures!!! The owl does work,
If the owl works, I am getting several for our back yard.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Diane819
I live in FL and one day when my daughter was about 7 y/o she was riding on the handle bars of a bicyle she and I were riding on and a snake fell out of a tree right in front of us. Scared us to death!!! Another time a lady I worked with went to lunch and as she was driving a snake feel on her windshield of her car. Yes, snakes can climb.
And my husband wants to move to Florida!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by scrappylady
Originally Posted by Greenheron
Yes, constrictors can climb but none of the poisonous ones in the USA. The most common in our section of the country would be the black rat snake. I have personally observed them climbing and even caught one draped over a tree branch. Folks who go berry picking can tell you it's not uncommon to find one on the berry vines, waiting for a bird.
I thought poisonous snakes did not climg but my daughter has a picture of a Copperhead on a tree branch in an Arkansas State park. I think they ALL should stay on the ground. They do not have feet so why should they climb.
Can't climb but can move up a slope or something slanted.

:shock: :shock: :shock: