Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine with built in dual feed >

sewing machine with built in dual feed

sewing machine with built in dual feed

Old 04-07-2020, 02:31 AM

My Elna 720 has a dual feed foot system, and it works great. You do have to attach the foot and lower the walking part down before using. It is large so I don't use it for piecing. Changing the feet on the Elna is not always ergonomic, and if you want to add the guide to the dual feed foot, you need to screw it in rather than just slide it in as with my old Viking. There's just a lot of fiddling necessary to start quilting. The Pfaff sounds a bit easier.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:00 AM

I bought a Janome Memory Craft 7700 used from our LQS which has a repair shop and a Janome license. Good way to upgrade machines. The accuFeed works so easily and the extra space at the throat allows the bigger quilts to fit through.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:39 PM

I have a Bernina 770 and it has the Dual Feed. I love it.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:16 PM

Janine memory craft 6600. It has - this is a slightly older.model and you lower and hook it in from the back. Nicer than the separate walking foot on my old machine but the mechanism gets in the way for other operations sometimes. My understanding is they fixed that in later models.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:25 AM

I have the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2 and love it. I bought it because of the IDT and you don't need to change anything, just make sure it's engaged with the feet. The QE4.2 also has a wide 10" space between the needle and the machine; it has lights above the 10" (the newest models have even more lights than mine); a knee press to raise the feet even higher; an automatic thread cutter (absolutely it, but sometimes I have to remove lint off the knife pad to get it working well); and an needle threader, which isn't great. Lots of choices for stitches, and #52 is much nicer than the regular straight stitch (#1) because it doesn't leave a large knot when tying off.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-14-2020 at 05:48 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-14-2020, 10:03 AM

I have the same machine "fraydknot" has and I agree with her. It is not hard to put the foot on and I love my machine. It also has the thread cutter on it too which is a great feature.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by gammieju View Post
I want to purchase a sewing machine that has dual feed or built in walking foot or whatever it is that keeps you from having to put the walking foot on the machine so that both top and bottom fabric feed at the same time. I know that pfaff has a machine but are there other brands that have this feature. I have been reading about the janome with acufeed and superior plus feed system. Do any of you have a machine with these features and which do you think is best for sewing long strips together? Thanks for any info. Judy
I have the older Pfaff and love it. I use it more than my Bernina or Brother which are newer machines. I have them all set up, but will always go to the Pfaff. I also use a Singer featherweight when I am piecing.