Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vacations are fun, but I want to get back to work. >

Vacations are fun, but I want to get back to work.

Vacations are fun, but I want to get back to work.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Do you miss your "work" at home while you are on vacation. I am talking about the "work" you do for your self-expression. I am having a great time on vacation, but I am thinking of all the new things I could be doing in the workshop and sewing room. I have not really taken a true vacation for about 13 years. Weekend getaways, yes, but not extended stay away trips. I am a sort of work driven person and enjoy what I did for money and now for myself. I hated to interrupt a job with leaving town for any amount of time. Any time spent way, was time I wasn't getting the job done. My wife loves to travel. she used to work a very demanding job as an executive in the publishing business. The stresses of getting the job done for her, meant that vacations were an outlet for her exhaustion, and so she looked forward to them. I have already started planning some alterations to the sewing room and new bag designs, and Oh, you get the idea. So, do you like to take vacations or are you a craft-a-holic like me?
John
Old 09-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Sorry. always planning the next big trip or long weekend getaway. We love to travel!

I am a craft person who loves what I do, but also loves vacations. I believe I become too stale if I only stay at one thing. I don't necessarily take LONG vacations, but many shorter ones keep me energized, refreshed and creative. It will take time, but balance will come (smile).

Sniff, sniff, we did not get to go on our vacation this year.... Maybe in November or December. I was going to take my machine up to Lake Tahoe with me!!!! MIL had 5 way heart bypass surgery, emergency like. We had to cancel. That was last week.
Glad you had a great time.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:40 PM

Yes, I like to take vacations...but I take along small projects to tide me over until I return to my sewing room.

I ride across country - but I have a trailer I can carry lots of things, including a sewing machine so I don't feel lost!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:41 PM

Sorry I love vacations, too. The non-sewing kind.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 PM

I love the thought of vacations, but once I'm away I start itching pretty quickly to come back home again.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

No, I prefer to stay home. I retired for a year and back at work now, parttime. I hated staying home day after day, I loved making more quilts and faster but, I missed going out everyday. Vacations are almost impossible with a dog and 4 cats and a bird. We vacationed when our three kids lived at home, guess I got it out of my system then.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM

Haha, I would first have to take a vacation to be able to answer that question! I haven't been on a true vacation in years. Though I often fantasize about a beach-side cottage, a bottle of Zinfandel and my sewing machine... does that count? Sounds like your cup of creativity runneth over - hallelujah!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM

I have become a recluse at home but do love to take the camper and get away for a week end or better yet a week. No housework to do just a little sweeping and dinner dishes. A good bbok and a nice chair and I am all set!