Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 PM

Neat quilt Bonni....looks like the geese are flying at night.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I received my gorgeous one from BonniFeltz today. :) It's nice and bright and happy. :) Thank you!! Yours is almost done.
Glad that you liked it. Hmmm. perhaps Emma might need one done for her with an E on it. Shhhh. don't tell her but I think I have some left over flying geese.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM

How sweet Bonni.

Well, I finally finished my partners DQ this am and sending it in the mail today. I would have finished it this weekend like I wanted, but had to go to quilt show, took Best Machine Quilting in my Wearable Art Category. None of my others, but better luck next time. At least one ribbon. Then had to do canning and sort thru canned goods and buy shelves, put up, organize, then was to tired to do anything. Yesterday had to just go to bed and rest the foot and body, it was so tired, sore, and not feeling good. I now have a child who is sick with the same stuff. Yes, I still go to work sick. Good thing I am in office by self most of the time so no one else is down with flu.

Hope my partner likes her quilt, I like it. Very traditional, lots of colors, and from an old pattern. Think I met all three criteria.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy fay1
Look what I received in the mail yesterday.
This amazing maple leaf from TangleJaw. My hubs couldn't wait to see what was in the package. He is just a excited about our doll quilts as I am. My yummy gummys. I really love my colors. Perfect for the fall. I wished I had thought of some embelishments. I love the ric-rack that TangleJaw used.
Gosh, wish I had thought of that. Wonderful colors; so fall!!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by AKDaffyodil
I received a darling fall quilt today from Catrancher. It is so cute and fun. Thank you so much, Barbara.
Fantastic, Catrancher! You're quilting is marvelous.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by TangleJaw
Ok, pics are in order,
Wow, love this little DQ. Nice fabric choices!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I received my gorgeous one from BonniFeltz today. :) It's nice and bright and happy. :) Thank you!! Yours is almost done.
Another wonderful DQ from you, Bonni! Love the "flames!"
Old 10-18-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
How sweet Bonni.

Well, I finally finished my partners DQ this am and sending it in the mail today. I would have finished it this weekend like I wanted, but had to go to quilt show, took Best Machine Quilting in my Wearable Art Category. None of my others, but better luck next time. At least one ribbon. Then had to do canning and sort thru canned goods and buy shelves, put up, organize, then was to tired to do anything. Yesterday had to just go to bed and rest the foot and body, it was so tired, sore, and not feeling good. I now have a child who is sick with the same stuff. Yes, I still go to work sick. Good thing I am in office by self most of the time so no one else is down with flu.

Hope my partner likes her quilt, I like it. Very traditional, lots of colors, and from an old pattern. Think I met all three criteria.
Now you have me very excited!! Ours will pass each other going across the country! :thumbup:
Old 10-18-2011, 01:52 PM

Thought I would post a little info on a marking pen I found a few weeks ago. It's the Pilot FriXion Gel Pen. Comes in paks of 3 different colors for about $5.50. It absolutely disappears when you apply a hot iron to it. One drawback is the ink will reappear at 14 F degrees.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 PM

With us up north, it gets that cold and do not want my lines to show if I mark it. I have been staying away from those. The crayola washable markers work alright for marking the quilts. At least they come out in the wash and do not reappear. Have to test on fabric first, but do their thing.