Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
My partner received my quilt I made for her. I think she is really busy....thought I would do her a favor and post for her. I tried to use my embroidery machine to quilt it....the people that do that, good for you, lol. I don't think its something I want to pursue. Anyhow, hope yall like it. :)
That quilt is adorable!!! I love the colors and the layout. Great work!!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy
This is Muv's handcrank sewing machine doll quilt I made for her.
October DQ swap.
The PERFECT doll quilt for MUV! Great job Needlegrammy. May I submit requests for my VS2, 66 & 221? :mrgreen:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Here is the beautiful Fall Cornucopia themed quilt that Dragonflynana made for me...Isn't it just too gorgeous? The machine applique includes lines on the corn cobs, making it appear almost 3D. I just love this!!
How pretty Janice! I can just see that on a table or counter all the way thru Thanksgiving. Great job Dragonflynana!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 AM

So many darling quilts this month. I've been tied up with DD and DGD visiting from NC, so I haven't been on here much.

I am working on Dragonflynana's quilt...it's nearly finished...just needs quilting & binding. It'll be on its way in a couple of days.

I just love these swaps...so much creativity and joy around here!! :-)
Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Here is the beautiful Fall Cornucopia themed quilt that Dragonflynana made for me...Isn't it just too gorgeous? The machine applique includes lines on the corn cobs, making it appear almost 3D. I just love this!!
How pretty Janice! I can just see that on a table or counter all the way thru Thanksgiving. Great job Dragonflynana!
It's on the cabinet in front of my living room window. It shows up to best advantage there!! :-) I LOVE it!! Such luscious colors.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM

Love the Cornucopia DQ , beautiful fall fabric.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Love the hand crank sewing machine..Is it a pattern?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Muv

QuiltnCowgirl - You made me laugh! When I sent a message to Needlegrammy this afternoon I warned her that people would start putting in orders.

Here's a close up so you can all marvel at the detail. She's even put in the serial number! She used a photo that I posted on the sewing machine photos thread. The way she has got the perspective is amazing. I was gazing at it this afternoon and caught myself wondering how I was going to change the bobbin when the pink ran out underneath... She really is a genius!

Chele - Is there a swap lined up for November? I'm looking forward to working on the next one...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276885.jpe  
Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muv
QuiltnCowgirl - You made me laugh! When I sent a message to Needlegrammy this afternoon I warned her that people would start putting in orders.

Here's a close up so you can all marvel at the detail. She's even put in the serial number! She used a photo that I posted on the sewing machine photos thread. The way she has got the perspective is amazing. I was gazing at it this afternoon and caught myself wondering how I was going to change the bobbin when the pink ran out underneath...
WoW...what a talent...you are so lucky....
Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muv

Here's a close up so you can all marvel at the detail. She's even put in the serial number! She used a photo that I posted on the sewing machine photos thread. The way she has got the perspective is amazing. I was gazing at it this afternoon and caught myself wondering how I was going to change the bobbin when the pink ran out underneath...
Wow - the more you look at it the more awesome it is!!! The detail! What media did she use? Is it applique, fabric painting? And am I seeing right that the thread spool is actual thread?