Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Krystyna Those are awesome carpey blocks. I am very impressed ladies, keep up the good work. I love the idea of having a carping quilt to use on those not so good days. Then we can get all our frustrations out by using our quilt and won't have to find other ways of venting. LOL Sort of like those dammit dolls we used to have for bowling.

I think I will have to make my carp from my beautiful fabrics that I love the most tho, because then that will certainly help me feel better right away.
Hugggggggs and smilesss for all you wonderful QBers!!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
I agree! Most all of the posts are very positive and supportive! Once in a while someone needs to vent and I don't see a problem letting off a little steam.,
Old 09-25-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
We are living in a frustrating time. Jobs are scarce, money is scarce, we are all getting older even if we are only three months old now, most of us have an ache or a pain in the morning and maybe still at night. Some of us have children or grandchildren who are in the thick of one of the two wars we are engaged in. Lots of people are nearly overwhelmed. They need to be lifted up, not shoved down.

I would like, at least once, to log into this board, and find someone singing someone's praises--the employee at JoAnn's who helped you find just the right shade of blue, the clerk at WalMart who told you when the next shipment of cantalopes would be in, the owner of the LQS who spent time coordinating your fabrics for a baby quilt.

Instead, there seems to be this constant need to complain about husband, boyfriend, mother, daughter, the clerk at JoAnn's or WalMart or at the LQS and there seems also to be a constant need to be right/correct about every definition of every quilting term no matter whether there is a widely accepted defintion.

Could we all just get over it and try to be happier about having the means and the opportunity to be creative? froggyintexas
I just posted this reply yesterday to a complaint:

Last week while fondling fabric, organizing my stash, and ironing some batik fat quarters I'd bought from JoAnn's, I thought I'd measure them just for curiosity's sake. Out of 16 FQ, all were at least 18-1/2 or greater by 23, and this was AFTER washing and drying them in the dryer. And, none of them were misshapen. Maybe I just have good luck there, but if I had a problem I wouldn't hesitate to take them back the next time I went and show them the problem. My JoAnn's employees try to keep their customers satisfied.

Sometimes you have to look for the sunshine.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:52 PM
KVz

Carping about carping???
Old 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM

Isn't it great that we can complain, sympathize, uplift and share our opinions? Our 'bad' experiences should serve as examples how NOT to be and to pray that what ever circumstances are causing the others 'unflattering' behavior, will cease and better things will come their way!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:03 PM

To make a change.....BE the change. :idea:
Old 09-25-2011, 05:04 PM

I guess it is all in how you take things. Yesterday was our 45 Wedding Anniversary and when you mentioned Carping. I thought about the beautiful day on our honeymoon at Boldt Castle in the thousand Islands. We were getting on a boat tour the sun was glistening on the water and people were feeding these huge Carps bigger than cats in the water. The sun was radiating on us and our Love was new. Thank you for the memories.
Not negative here.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:12 PM

Isn't it nice that we have a place to go and show off a quilt we made, when no one else is around to look at it? Isn't it nice that we have aplace to go and vent about our family problems, when there is no once else around to listen? Isn't it nice that we have a place to go and to pour out our hearts when no one else is around to hear? I thank everyone on this board for the praise they have given me when my quilts are not the best, for all the wonderful cards they sent while I was recovering from triple bypass surgery, for all the good wishes that came in daily. God Bless you All!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Girl, get outta' my head!! :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 PM

I love the QB! classifieds, pics, positives, negatives, family stories, doggy/kitty stories, our Country, our Service men and women and their families, and all the other ways to express ourselves when happy, sad, lonely, excited, far-away and close. God bless us all....