Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM

:D :-D Such wonderful news, MJ!!!! You remember I told you to prove them wrong.

The QB needs some decent icons. Every one of these smiling faces has a slightly sinister look. I liked the little dog on Dogster who did flips. I wonder if there's a dancing quilt somewhere.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Great news MJ! I am glad to hear everything went so well.

I had a yummy snack today. It is so simple you all probably know about it already but I cut up my apple and sprinkled cinnamon on it. It was so good! I don't know why I thought cinnamon needed sugar with it to be sweet, but it doesn't. It was so good and it's a very low calorie snack. I've heard cinnamon has alot of antioxidents and helps keep blood sugars level too.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Such great news, MJ. Looks like
Old 10-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Such great news, MJ! Looks like our prayers are working! The way these weeks fly by you will be walking a mile in no time.
We just got home from the airport with Kelsey. She is home safe and sound despite a horrible flight from Tokyo to San Francisco. I guess the turbulance was so bad that everyone was either screaming or crying. Kelsey was with the criers.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:33 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I will start keeping a food journal. I have been excercising to an oldie with Richard Simmons (remember when? The outfits are a hoot) I NEED to drink more water. I find it amusing that we have such wonderful water right out of the tap and I don't make use of it. Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Thank you for reminding me of that great treat. I had forgotten I used to put my cut up apple in a bag and sprinkle cinnamon on it for lunch. Cinnamon is really great to keep the sugars in check. With it being apple season, how can we not. That is on my list to eat tomorrow. It is late, so I wont eat tonight. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Great news MJ! I am glad to hear everything went so well.

I had a yummy snack today. It is so simple you all probably know about it already but I cut up my apple and sprinkled cinnamon on it. It was so good! I don't know why I thought cinnamon needed sugar with it to be sweet, but it doesn't. It was so good and it's a very low calorie snack. I've heard cinnamon has alot of antioxidents and helps keep blood sugars level too.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 AM

No wonder you're excited.Always great news to have good test results.Take it slow & you'll soon be able to do whatever you have missed the most.Good luck!

Originally Posted by purplemem
hello!!!
Everything went great today!
Good prognosis! No cardiovascular disease. Mild level of PH.

This was a double left/right cath. After one week, I can start WALKING. I am allowed to add 10 feet a day until I slowly build up to a mile a day. I know that means it will take me 52 days to get to a mile, but I am so excited!!!!

Thanks for the prayers and notes of concern.
MJ
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 AM

Good morning everyone!

MJ such wonderful news! Did you ask if you could do the happy dance - never mind we'll all do it for you. I am so happy for you. God is wonderful. Now the naggy part - follow the doc directions and take it slow. I know how bad you want to get out there and get going but just take it easy.

Pam, how wonderful that Kelsey is home and in one piece! I don't fly if I can help it. I become one of those criers at the drop of a hat.

Gelswood, good for you exercising with Richard Simmons - I love his tapes. I don't know if anyone on the board has told you but docs recommend that you drink half your body weight in oz. of water each day. So for example if you weigh 150 lb you would drink 75 oz of water. It sounds like alot of water and it is to get used to but it really does help. Hang in there. Journal,exercise, drink your water stick with us and the weight will start coming off. Remember it didn't get there overnight and it isn't going to leave overnight.

Anybody heard from Xylie since she was up on her roof sawing up that tree ? I worry about her.

Well I got an early start on my laundry this morning. DH is going to be gone most of the day so I'm going to work on my quilt. Have to do my menu and get my grocery list ready to.

Everyone have a safe and happy day.

I can do this. One Day at a Time. I'm loosing weight!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:35 AM

My journal is diff than most,but we just need to find what works for us. I keep a small noetbook from dollar store by my chair.
Write down every meal & any snacks....with calorie count. At end of day I total up,then add up 7 days worth, divide by 7 to get my avg daily cal count for the past wk.

It very clearly shows what is right & what needs improved.Can't lie to myself when it's there in front of me. Good luck & LOL at R Simmons. DD uses old tapes of an exercise woman who has been off TV for yrs...DD said "it was cheap!

Originally Posted by Gelswood
Thanks for all the advice. I will start keeping a food journal. I have been excercising to an oldie with Richard Simmons (remember when? The outfits are a hoot) I NEED to drink more water. I find it amusing that we have such wonderful water right out of the tap and I don't make use of it. Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Such great news, MJ! Looks like our prayers are working! The way these weeks fly by you will be walking a mile in no time.
We just got home from the airport with Kelsey. She is home safe and sound despite a horrible flight from Tokyo to San Francisco. I guess the turbulance was so bad that everyone was either screaming or crying. Kelsey was with the criers.
Oh geeze! I'm sorry she had such a bad flight! I really hate flying anymore. BUT hooray that she is home safe!!! ENJOY!