Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-14-2011, 11:44 AM

Mim, I understand munchy and it has to be crunchy if I'm stressed. When Xylie said she did her Spirolean for two day, my first though was 2 days without chewing. Uh-uh. I need my almonds. High calorie, yes, but healthy, yes. I buy raw ones and toast them in the oven and sprinkle them lightly with salt.

Can I freeze roast beef? My daughter just called and cancelled my grandson's visit tonight. I'm not sure I want to eat beef yet. It does smell good, though. Does anyone know what the dark green squash that looks like a squatty pumpkin is called? I bought one last week and cooked it yesterday. It is so good. Similar to an acorn, but brighter and not as stringy. Back to the fruit market tomorrow. It's cold and rainy today.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 PM

Judy...I can do some faster walking, but not much.If I get wheezy, have to quit.

No problem in upping food intake.....will try that & might be I need to add some every day.At my advanced age, health has to come 1st.Will be happy to lose 30pds total...& KEEP it off.

Had lunch today at Cracker Barrel......love the veggie plate ...had that with a slice of plain bread.
Have plenty of calories left....maybe a balogna sandwich & V 8 juice later.

{quote)Patti, there has to be a trick to get your body into the down mode. As hard as it is, can your try a higher calorie day followed by a low calorie day? No matter how short your walk is, try some interval walking. As soon as your muscles are warmed up, zoom for a short distance, then back to normal and repeat as soon as your heart rate goes back down. I now zoom for the distance between houses - at first I think I could only do 15 or 20 steps. It looks like we'll be walking in the rain today.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Oh BARES! I am so sorry for your loss! Please take care of you. We will be here when you are able to.

Missy
Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 PM

My sympathy.......so sorry to hear this.
Originally Posted by BARES
leaving in about an hour to go home for my sisters funeral. she died unexpectantly yesterday.
[/quote]
Old 10-14-2011, 02:27 PM

BARES,
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I lost both of mine in the last 6 years and I miss them so.

My thoughts and prayers travel with you.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Bares so sorry for your loss my prayers are with you.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:03 PM

Bares, so sorry for your loss. I lost touch with the postings this week. I wasn't feeling well and ended up in hospital with esophageal spasm. Spent 18 hrs on nitroglycerin drip before spasm relaxed. Thank goodness it wasn't a heart attack. Now I feel like I was someone's punching bag. Still following my eating plan & glad to be back.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Bares I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:21 PM

bares-- you and your family have my deepest sympathy. i lost my sister at age 30. it was a long drawn out ordeal for her, and us. but a sudden death gives you no chance to prepare. it is a very hard thing to come to terms with. why her ? why now? there are no human answers. i hope you have a faith that will sustain you and bring you comfort and peace. my heart goes out to you.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:13 AM

You can freeze roast beef, but wouldn't leave it too long.It's good for beef stew,shredded beef sandwiches & beef/veg soup. Other stuff too, but it's still early! I've been up since 4 30. Got mail taken care of & we just called DD Today is her BD.
Going to make a pot of chili,then really should straighten up sewing room.My mags are always like new ones,since I go so long without looking at them.Just put a stack on my end table.....nice day for staying in.A cold wind blowing.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Can I freeze roast beef? My daughter just called and cancelled my grandson's visit tonight. I'm not sure I want to eat beef yet. It does smell good, though. Does anyone know what the dark green squash that looks like a squatty pumpkin is called? I bought one last week and cooked it yesterday. It is so good. Similar to an acorn, but brighter and not as stringy. Back to the fruit market tomorrow. It's cold and rainy today.[/quote]