Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group

Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group

Old 09-30-2011, 07:47 PM

thanks.

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Originally Posted by Havplenty
does anyone have an idea how long it takes for mail delivery to australia? perhaps someone in this group traded with troy26 before.
Takes about 10 days to two weeks. Least that's what it took last boom.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM

okay makes sense now why they upped your postal charges.

Originally Posted by Rn8or
wow what else did you include in your enevelope? that's a lot for a regular 1st class letter mailing.

Postage to Canada was $1.98 and to Australia was $2.59
I know, right? Po lady asked me what was in there, I said fabric. She had me sign customs forms because this wasn't " correspondence" but "merchandise."
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 PM

i didnt complete any custom forms for the canada swapper last boom. i think i will just iron everything really flat and hope for the best at $.80 & $.98.

i was originally only doing a small group but volunteered for the large one to help make the number count. sooooo, i gotta figure out what i am doing fabricwise for everyone. i haven't got it all planned out yet.

Originally Posted by islandwiz1
To all the swappers in this group I mailed all of them out this morning. Canada cost me $1.00 and Australia cost me $1.28.
Don't forget to fill out the customs slip for those. All the rest of mine went for 44 cents.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM

Postage costs me about $2.55AU ($2.46US) per envelope to send to America.
Last Boom I purchased bulk prepaid envelopes, 70 in all, and because I had bought them in bulk I got a discount, the total cost was $155.00. Paying upfront like that gives you a bit of a shock but that covered the F8s I sent and the blocks that I sent back.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:06 PM

My envelopes are ready to go in the morning! I was going to mail them today but went sightseeing with the family to Mt Baldy. what a wonderful day we had! We were able to see Catalina! It was a beautiful day with clear skies~

We got home too late and the PO was closed!

I live in the Mtns and so all our mail delivery is by PO Box, so you get to know the people who work there pretty good (not to mention the entire town as eventually you will see just about everyone at the PO). I live close enough to walk so it is a nice trip, and right next door is a mercantile and they sell FABRIC!!! I love it when they get new stuff in as I have gone through everything at least once!

OK I am rambling so I better go to bed. Have a wonderful evening ladies!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 PM

does anyone have an idea how long it takes for mail delivery to australia? perhaps someone in this group traded with troy26 before.
It depends where it is sent from in America, but anywhere from 10 days to three weeks.
Last Boom I had 2 F8s that took over three months to arrive. I think they did an around the world trip first. One of the ladies I PMed and she sent me a second F8, thinking perhaps the first one had got lost, and the second one arrived, I made the block and returned it and a week later the first F8 that she had sent landed in my post box.
So the time can vary, but all in all it doesn't take that long.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by troy26
Postage costs me about $2.55AU ($2.46US) per envelope to send to America.
Last Boom I purchased bulk prepaid envelopes, 70 in all, and because I had bought them in bulk I got a discount, the total cost was $155.00. Paying upfront like that gives you a bit of a shock but that covered the F8s I sent and the blocks that I sent back.
Wow that is a lot of postage! I shall work extra hard to make the blocks going out really good.

I have a friend who lives in Australia, I met her in Hawaii, she is originally from Samoa, and is into football (soccer to us in USA) We had so much fun talking about our kids and grandkids, being a Mom makes the world smaller some how. And quilting does too, I look forward to getting to know you better.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:48 AM

Havplenty,

I had wanted to do this boom for awhile but let the negative comments keep me from signing up. If you only want to do one group, I can take your place if it is OK with April. You can wait a few weeks to let the ones who already mailed theirs to you to get there and then just forward to me in bulk. Let me know, I would be happy to do it. :)

i didnt complete any custom forms for the canada swapper last boom. i think i will just iron everything really flat and hope for the best at $.80 & $.98.

i was originally only doing a small group but volunteered for the large one to help make the number count. sooooo, i gotta figure out what i am doing fabricwise for everyone. i haven't got it all planned out yet.

Originally Posted by islandwiz1
To all the swappers in this group I mailed all of them out this morning. Canada cost me $1.00 and Australia cost me $1.28.
Don't forget to fill out the customs slip for those. All the rest of mine went for 44 cents.
:D :-)
Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 AM

from 1 catlover to another: i wouldn't dream of undoing the work that april has already done to get these groups together. she works really hard to get all of this done. i just need to figure out what additional fabric i have and what quilts i still have to make that i can use in this boom swap. soooo, like some here, my fabric will not be going out "today or tomorrow", but soon.

regarding negative comments, i take everything in stride. folks have the right to their personal opinions and that is how i look at the comments. in some instances when comments are made, i think others take them for negative when they are not meant to be but i would never let that stop me from participating in something i want to do.... never.

i have participated in many swaps by now and there are always people taking comments for negative. i say to that just don't and keep it moving. it's hard to convey sentiment behind the words when one is just seeing the words on a screen.

i just want to add that the returned blocks are to be 12.5" unfinished. please double check your work before you send it home. and this comment is not meant to be negative in any way.

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
Havplenty,

I had wanted to do this boom for awhile but let the negative comments keep me from signing up. If you only want to do one group, I can take your place if it is OK with April. You can wait a few weeks to let the ones who already mailed theirs to you to get there and then just forward to me in bulk. Let me know, I would be happy to do it. :)
Old 10-01-2011, 11:49 AM

fromzstore I got your F8 today in my mail. I marked you off on my spreadsheet. I can't wait to get started!