Amanda Knox cleared...

Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 PM

I have always had an interest in this case, as she is from my home state of Washington.

I dont have an opinion on whether she is guilty or not... the only one that knows is her and God.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM

I just saw this verdict also. They cut into Dr. Phil but I do think that there was a lot of mishandling of this whole thing. Like you said we'll never know what happened but maybe next time they'll do a better job of evidence handling. I hope she can get on with her life. Her poor parents have to be broke trying to get this settled.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM

I've always been curious why it's been called "Amanda Knox" trial when it's actually about her and her boyfriend Rafael. They both were set free today.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I've always been curious why it's been called "Amanda Knox" trial when it's actually about her and her boyfriend Rafael. They both were set free today.
Good question! I always seem to forget about him, since usually our media is focused on her (since she is an American). I wonder what the Italian media calls the trial.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Probably because she is American and he is Italian. It makes sense to me that, in this country, we would hear it referenced as the Amanda Knox trial.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by athomenow
I just saw this verdict also. They cut into Dr. Phil but I do think that there was a lot of mishandling of this whole thing. Like you said we'll never know what happened but maybe next time they'll do a better job of evidence handling. I hope she can get on with her life. Her poor parents have to be broke trying to get this settled.
She is lucky she has parents with money, can you imagine if it were someone with an average income? I live in an area where people seldom if ever even take a vacation let along fly to europe.We would have never heard a word and the accused would not have gotten the chances this young lady had.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

She got lucky having bad prosecuting trying her case.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM

I hope she can get on a plane back home fast.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM

I am still unclear as to what actually happened. I do know that the Italian police did not do their job from a forensic approach. Good for her, she is soooo lucky to have such supportive parents.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM

from my understanding.... it is knows as " The Amanda Knox Case" is merely a US media title... The victim was british and in Britain, the media is labeling this case teh Meridith Kercher Case. Little is said about the young man, Raffaele Sollecito in US media.