Amanda Knox cleared...

Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by athomenow
I just saw this verdict also. They cut into Dr. Phil but I do think that there was a lot of mishandling of this whole thing. Like you said we'll never know what happened but maybe next time they'll do a better job of evidence handling. I hope she can get on with her life. Her poor parents have to be broke trying to get this settled.
She is lucky she has parents with money, can you imagine if it were someone with an average income? I live in an area where people seldom if ever even take a vacation let along fly to europe.We would have never heard a word and the accused would not have gotten the chances this young lady had.
I believe that nearly everything they had, they sold - even their house to finance being with Amanda in Italy. I do not believe they are well to do anymore.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
She got lucky having bad prosecuting trying her case.
Wasn't that prosecutor something else? I hope the fallout of this trial ends his career forever. He doesn't deserve such a position. Everything he claimed was proven to be wrong and all the 'proof' was proven to have been sloppy and incorrect. I pity anyone who has to go to trial in any foreign country.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 AM

Her family has to be relieved. I don't know much about the case but watched recently. Feel for her if she was honestly not guilty. All that time wasted of her life that she will never get back. So sad. :(
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 AM

How sad for the victim's family.
they are still living the nightmare.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by bakermom
I cannot imagine. :( Very sad all around. If the ones that they had in custody were not the ones will they ever find the real person/people that did it?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
Originally Posted by bakermom
I cannot imagine. :( Very sad all around. If the ones that they had in custody were not the ones will they ever find the real person/people that did it?
I suppose that if I were in the victims family's shoes (I pray that never to be the case) that I would have to let go of revenge and vengence. The fact is, no one will probably ever step forward and claim they commited the crime. Only God knows who the person is... and the person will have to stand before God in the end. As family of the victim.. the only way to live with peace, would be to accept that it is in Gods hands.. and to let it go. I pray they are able to do that.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 AM

I lived in Italy for four years. just like here there is good police work and shoddy police work, You have to remember that this was a case ran by the media (poparazzi) and the only ones who know are Amanda and the person who killed that poor girl. If I were a betting woman I would look closer at the third guy.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:54 AM

I watched it LIVE on Yahoo yesterday. She collapsed in the arms of her lawyer when the verdict was read! Two hours later she was on a plane to London. I have a feeling she is back home in Seattle now.
As someone said, only She and God know what happened there. I will not judge and glad I didn't have to be part of that jury.

Originally Posted by jeank
I hope she can get on a plane back home fast.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM

I think prayers are needed for all involved...all the families are left with the scars of this tragedy. God will be the final judge when the actual murderer stands before Him. crafty_linda_b
Old 10-04-2011, 11:08 AM

I hope she is innocent, but we will never know. I pray for the family of the girl that was killed