Book Trading

Old 04-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Judee, I hope you will be happy with paperbackswap.com I am impressed that you have already gotten 2 requests in such a short time....you must have some really high demand books in your collection. Most importantly, I hope that you will be happy with the books that YOU request and receive.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 04-18-2009, 03:30 PM

Thanks, Sue. I sent off those books today. I like the wrapper they provide. Did you notice their ad at the bottom of these pages? Ha Ha
I am having trouble figuring out how to make a request list on the site, but it will happen. I can't get any books until these are received. They certainly have a great selection, many that I can't find in my used bookstores.

judee
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM

Hi Judee.... if there is a book that you want, do a search for it. If they don't have it available now you can add it to your 'wish list'. Then it will show you where you are in line to get the book.

Did they give you 'credits' for listing your books? I think when I joined I listed 12 (not sure) books and got 3 free credits immediately. Right now I have 5 credits sitting there cuz all the books I want are not available right now, but I'm willing to wait.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 04-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Hi Sue,
I have added 10 more books and audio cassettes to my list so I should be getting 2 credits. They have already offered me one book that I had on my wish list but I changed my mind and decided against it. I have a couple of audio books on my wish list that I really want. One says 6 are waiting and the other says 0 are waiting so I am hoping for the best. This is fun! I will be able to clean out my bookshelves soon. Maybe I will refill them with fabric. LOL

judee
Old 04-19-2009, 03:51 PM

Now that IS a great idea....more shelves with fabric!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM

Just wanted you to know that I got my first book today from Paper Back Swap.com. There is an audio book on its way too. I am a happy swapper. Thanks for telling us about this site.

judee
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Retrogirl: I looked into swaptree and so far have been really pleased. As for books that are of unequal wear to what you are trading, just reject that trade. Just paying postage is pretty cool. Thanx for sharing this.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:02 AM

i use paperbackswap.com. the people on here have been very honest and have mailed their books right away. i had problems with bookmooch-the people on there would rarely send their books.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:11 AM

Montana...thanks for the posting on bookmooch. A friend in Canada was sad that Papebackswap was only in the states and we found bookmooch doing a search online. If she joins I hope all goes well.

Judee....I can 'hear' it in your voice that you are having a good experience at PBS. I've not had any problems there.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 04-05-2024, 12:26 PM

Default Sell and Buy Books

I have used Alibris for years. They have new and used books at very good prices. You can sell and buy, but there is no book swap or exchange.