Crafting on a Plane

Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM

Contact the airline you will be flying on to be sure. My sister in law lost a really nice pair of scissors due to having them taken from her.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 PM

A friend of mine was prevented boarding a flight because she was carrying yarn and needles. They were afraid she was going to knit an Afghan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised they allow shoestrings and belts onboard, they could be used to garrote someone. :?

Did you hear about the geometry teacher who was put off the plane? He was carrying materials of math instruction. :roll:
Old 11-04-2011, 01:48 PM

I thought I would offer an update. After reading the TSA site, I decided to take an afghan I was crocheting. So, I had yarn, crochet hook and kiddy scissors with 2" blades. I breezed through Sea-Tac, but was questioned at the little regional airport I flew out of on my way home. They removed the scissors to see them in person. The screener said that they looked illegal on the scanner, and got a good laugh when he saw them in person. Other than that, I had no problems. I will say that both times I've flown out of the small regional airport, I've had my luggage searched. The last time they removed my saline solution (contacts) from the ziploc bag and didn't put it back in!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM

I would buy a blunt tip child's scissor...or a folding one...
Last year the woman in front of me had a crochet project in her purse...they told her that it was ok since she had a plastic crochet hook...