Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:44 AM

Hope everyone has a good week this week. Still trying to hang in there. I am thinking I should have waited till Jan for this.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:35 AM

It looked better during the middle of the week, but today it is the same as last week. Countdown to Thanksgiving, I will be very strict with myself so Monday the 21st is not the same and certainly not up. I just know reading this thread daily and sending a fat quarter is helpful in staying focused on a long term goal. Hope we all are successful this week.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
I'm happy to report I'm down 2pds as of this morn.Don't know why I was stalled for 4-6 wks,but seems I don't show a 1/2pd loss.9 wks & 12 pds gone.

My kick start might have been helped by a day of very low cal eating.If that works for me, will keep it up,one day a wk.

Funny thing is, found I'm not hungry on low cal day.....so works for me.One reason I don't have much faith in "diets" is because we're all different & have to find the plan that helps us lose wt.One size fits all doesn't work.

Off my soapbox now. Hope we all have a good day & good wk of healthy eating.

Good job on the loss. I think you're right, everyone is different. And this weight loss thing has to be a lifestyle change. It has to be something you can continue on after you reach your goal. Sure you can lose weight on a Atkins or a 500 calorie a day diet, but just start eating again and you're right back where you started. I think it's all about eating healthy, portion control and trying to move some each day. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 AM

Morning all! So glad that everyone is checking in. Keep up the good work everyone is doing and may you all have a terrific holiday. Weight loss 2 pounds. still drinking water and eating better. Helping my daughter with her senior project by making pillowcases for the children in the domestic abuse shelter. She had a goal of 100 by january and we have made and collected 78 so far. It keeps me out of the kitchen. Lol. Have a terrific day!
Lisa
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM

Oranges....peel & sections, no white pith,2-3 tart peeled apples & cranberries.Sugar or whatever you use to sweeten.Supposed to have a tang,not too,too sweet.Some ppl add fine diced celery.DH prefers chopped nuts.
One good thing,so easy to make a wk ot 2 ahead.Drain most of juice to serve.
Mine isn't cooked. Just pulse in food processor or grind fruits together.Cranberries can be fresh or frozen. Both work fine & frozen are a bit easier to grind.

"Patti, what kind of fruit do you put in your cranberry relish. My MIL used to make something like that but just use cranberries and oranges."

Last edited by plainpat; 11-14-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

YAY! Good luck, everyone!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 AM

Patti, isn't it a good feeling to come unstuck? I was stuck for so long until I ran out of cheese. I'm guessing I will be up today. Someone brought gluten free cookies and pumpkin bread to coffee hour and sent the leftovers home with me. Oh,oh. At least I had the sense to skip the ice cream at my GGD's birthday party. I think I'll follow your idea and have a light day today.

I like the soft colors in the quilt in your picture, Patti. I have been having trouble seeing about half of the pictures posted in the new format. Last night I reinstalled my Nero Home Essentials so I hope that will take care of the problem.

The sun is shining so I'll do some more work outside, then start cleaning carpets. That and a couple of dog walks will be my day. Have a good one.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 11-14-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 AM

Thanks. That's my Mom in the avatar pic....just a few mos before she died at nearly 90. Look at her hair, it was darker then than mine has been for ages.I miss her.You really are a motherless child when your parents are gone.

Have a good day. It's near 70* here, windy & sunny at times.

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Patti, isn't it a good feeling to come unstuck? I was stuck for so long until I ran out of cheese. I'm guessing I will be up today. Someone brought gluten free cookies and pumpkin bread to coffee hour and sent the leftovers home with me. Oh,oh. At least I had the sense to skip the ice cream at my GGD's birthday party. I think I'll follow your idea and have a light day today.

I like the soft colors in the quilt in your picture, Patti. I have been having trouble seeing about half of the pictures posted in the new format. Last night I reinstalled my Nero Home Essentials so I hope that will take care of the problem.

The sun is shining so I'll do some more work outside, then start cleaning carpets. That and a couple of dog walks will be my day. Have a good one.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:37 AM

I used to have a quote on my page because it fit me & I needed to understand it meant what it meant.

"If you do what you always did,you'll get what as you always got"

Spent too many times looking for an excuse to eat,too many times making excuses for myself.Hopefully it's finally sinking it.This is 1st time not losing for a wk didn't send me into "oh,well, what's the use"....in reality,just a green light to eat.No way I would ever lose & keep it off thinking like that.
I write down what I eat, how much & cal count for all.Talking to my DD helps,reading food plans helps & all of you help so much.You've had a great loss.Please share any tips you have.

" Good job on the loss. I think you're right, everyone is different. And this weight loss thing has to be a lifestyle change. It has to be something you can continue on after you reach your goal. Sure you can lose weight on a Atkins or a 500 calorie a day diet, but just start eating again and you're right back where you started. I think it's all about eating healthy, portion control and trying to move some each day. Keep up the good work."
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM

It is a good feeling to see results you know you've earned.Have a ways to go,but lets cheer every pd! LOL