Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My husband wants me to do what??? >

My husband wants me to do what???

My husband wants me to do what???

Old 10-31-2011, 06:56 AM

This morning my DH says, if you don't have anything else to do today and want some outdoor time, you could rake up the leaves under this tree.

Guess he doesn't know that I have sewing to do!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM

I'm sorry but I'm laughing! I'm telling you, these husbands are getting more and more nervy! LOL.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
This morning my DH says, if you don't have anything else to do today and want some outdoor time, you could rake up the leaves under this tree.

OOOH>>>no he did not.....quick run to the store, buy some good looking bakery goods and then make a mess in the kitchen and tell you got too busy baking him some goodies..hehehe
Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 AM

I heard that same thing about clearing out the plants in the garden and straightening up the flower beds. I haven't done it yet. He does do all the grass so I will eventually get to my part. Just not today.
Power Poster

Surely there are some neighborhood kids that would like to make a few bucks:)

My Dh hates the gardening with a passion. his idea of gardening is with a whipper snipper or poison, I planted a lot of shrubs (tube stock so very small) the weeds grew up so tall he whipper snipped every where and the next day i found half of my shrubs were cut down to. NOT HAPPY. I am trying to get the garden in order we have had so much rain and the weeds are here by the millions so I do a little bit each day. I found a few shrubs he missed and some that are regrowing. Sorry but the sewing has been put on hold till the weeds are under control. we have fire season starting soon so the weeds take priority, BOO HOO. But all is not lost I made some shelves for mt quilting room and I am slowly getting some order in there so i will post pics soon.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

well, i do see a couple of 'ifs' in his statement, so it looks only optional to me :)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:10 AM

yea, raking as my second job ended when we moved 3 yrs ago into a home that has little trees YAY
Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by Xstitshmom

OOOH>>>no he did not.....quick run to the store, buy some good looking bakery goods and then make a mess in the kitchen and tell you got too busy baking him some goodies..hehehe
LOL! I have never tried that. Does it really work?
I always look at the delivery of the asking. Or telling. He asks nicely in a lovingly mature husbandly way, then I would consider taking the time to do it. If he made a statement that was a little overly direct, I would get quiet, fume a little on the inside, wait until he was gone, then get on this Board to get my daily fix, then go sew. When he is due home, rush to get dishes done, take a few pans and dishes out along with a box or can from the pantry for the evening meal (I can change the menu while he is in the shower), a load of laundry in, a clean towel waiting for his shower, his side of the bed turned down, and turn off the TV's that keep me company. And then listen to what a long tough day he has had when he walks in the door. Poor guy.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

I did prune a wayward Rose of Sharon bush Saturday morning and pull some weeds, that is about it for me. We still have tons of leaves to fall, our,neighbors and bunches from the woods. My husband cut them up with the mower. I hate yard work, did lots when I was younger.