Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ Classes - Info and Need your input >

EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Default EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

On Monday November 7 I will post my first class showing you how to use your EQ or Electric Quilt software. It can be EQ5 or EQ6 or EQ7. I will cover all 3 versions as we go along.

How many classes will depend on what all everyone wants to see. I expect to show from the beginning how to open and start using your program. I will cover the tools and all the buttons and what they do in the first class. I will also show you a simple quilt block so you can practice on it using the tools.

These classes will stay on the Board and be available to anyone anytime. I will be available on Mon Nov 7 at 11 am for questions and discussion.

Every Monday I will post a new class until we have covered all the information we need to. How many that is remains to be seen.

Unfortunately with the move to the new site I will not be able to send out any notifications.

I would love to have some input from everyone on what you would like to see in these classes beyond the basics. What sort of things are you wanting to do with your program?

Are you going to design with it? Are you wanting to create quilts? Wall hangings table runners or any other type of quilt? Miniatures or Hotpads etc? Are you wanting to do Kaleidoscopes? Applique?

I am by no means an expert on the EQ. I just have used my EQ5 for about 3 yrs pretty nearly every day and I have explored alot of options. But there will be areas I am unsure of. What I don't know we will find out either in the books or by checking out some of the info in the EQ threads here on the Board or by asking someone who is more familiar with the areas I don't know enough about.

I can walk you through the basics and how I use my EQ. I can help you learn to add your own fabrics and how to use the libraries etc. I can show you how to experiment with borders and with quilt ideas. I ordered EQ7 and hope to have it soon so I can pick up on it.

Any feedback of what you would like to cover in these classes will help me to provide answers more accurately. Thanks everyone!! Rhonda
Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

i would like to see how to create a quilting design and overlay it on the blocks
Old 11-02-2011, 04:09 PM

What a fabulous idea! I have been contemplating an EQ system for quite some time, but was hesitatant because I KNOW I would run into trouble, and have previously had a heck of a time using software manuals on other programs. For me, it would just be all the basics - to start with.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:48 AM

Awesome. I got EQ7 2 weeks ago and have been exploring and playing with it. Both my DH and I have it installed on our computers and he has been playing around with it as well. It will be nice to have a step by step class, as I'm not one to sit and read books, but, get in there and get dirty type. I am looking forward to designing some quilts and hopefully pantographs for my LA.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 AM

I had my EQ7 for over a year, and have downloaded it to my computer, a that is where i left it. I'm am interested in creating my own quilt designs and print out the directions. I also want to make minature quilts, and twin size quilts.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:08 AM

I have had EQ for many years. I need to start right at the basics and go through. Thanks, I am looking forward to your classes.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:13 AM

Rhonda, I think it is a fabulous idea you have. I personally can find my way around the basics, although there are some that I seem to forget the program has, lol so I would love to go through your classes and get tips on how you use EQ. A big interest for me and something I struggle with is drawing blocks. I know where to go and I see the tools, but haven't had any success and give up quickly and resort to my graph pad, lol, so I'd like to see that covered if at all possible. I will be watching for that thread and thanks fir taking the time to do this for all of us.

Last edited by candi; 11-03-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:21 AM

Rhonda, I am so glad to see this thread. I will be watching for this information. I have had EQ7 for a while, and haven't taken time to play with it. This will be good for me, to sit down and learn. Then my DH won't keep wondering if I wasted his money on something I don't use!!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:21 AM

I would like to be able to draw applique blocks. Also, years ago when I first started using EQ I remember being able to print out a project sheet that would show how many of each block I would need and also amounts of each fabric. I have forgotten how to do that. If construction instructions are needed I would like to know how to print those out also. Ann in TN
Old 11-03-2011, 05:44 AM

Thank you! I bought EQ7 in order to be able to make my own designs. I have printed out the very good lessons under the help section and have followed them, but didn't like how they got into some very complicated things right away like multiple borders. I'm not going to remember that and I'd rather go through all of the things that it can do at a lower level and then go into detail on those items which I am interested in. Their lessons are fine but they get carried away too soon.