Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts - from FAQ page >

Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts - from FAQ page

Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts - from FAQ page

Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Default Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts - from FAQ page

[h=2]I found this answer to one of my questions on the FAQ page, however, I can't seem to locate the "New Posts" link it speaks of. Can somebody please direct me? Thanks.

Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts[/h]How can I see the latest posts?
There are two ways to quickly view recently created or updated threads.
If you are not logged in, the 'today's posts' link will show a list of all threads that have been created or updated in the last 24 hours.
If you are logged in, the 'Today's Posts' link will change to 'New Posts', which gives you a listing of all threads that have been created or updated since your last visit.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 PM

I have logged in , found the new posts for the day, but am still confused. Yesterday, the new post that I viewed seemed to change the color of the envelope to pink or peach, ( don't know what you call those envelopes since I'm still learning). I can clearly recognize what I read before by that feature. So today, nothing changes on the envelope? What's up with that, what did the change mean in the first place. How can I avoid loosing where I left off in viewing, when I go into the comment. It's still very operator unkind...but I won't give up.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Isn't the new posts in "Whats new"area?
Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 AM

The best way I found to view new posts was to go to the very bottom of the page and click 'Archive'. On my screen, it's very near the bottom, on a black strip area right below some ads. There is also a link there for 'Contact Us' and 'Terms of Service' and 'Privacy Statement'. Once you click 'Archive' you will see a list of all the categories. Click on the category you want to view and all the posts come up. They will turn a different color once you've opened them. That's my way of doing things.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM

I don't see "new posts". Where is that? I see "what's new?" but it updates with every single post. too much repetition to wade through. I still haven't found anything like the "unread topics" aside from the archive, which is a looooooong list.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher View Post
I don't see "new posts". Where is that? I see "what's new?" but it updates with every single post. too much repetition to wade through. I still haven't found anything like the "unread topics" aside from the archive, which is a looooooong list.
If you get an answer to this I would appreciate receiving the info also. I have just spent hours just trying to figure out how to read just the new posts instead of wading in pages of very old posts?????
Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 PM

this is a problem for me too. I would like to "unwatch" the ones I'm not interested following.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 AM

I've asked this same question several times in several threads. Have yet to get an answer.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:30 AM

Ok, the easiest way I have found to view only new topics started and not ones that are just updated is like this:

Go to the Home Page up top.
From there select the forum you are intersted in: Main, pictures, swap or whatever.
Once you are in that forum, scroll down underneath all the posts and list of moderators and above the icons legend, there is a little box for Thread Display Options. In that box, the second Drop box is for "sort threads by." Select the second option, Thread Start Time and Descending Order, this should list the topics started recently with the most recent on top, and this way whenever you check that section you can find what topics were started recently. Hope this helps someone, I love using this feature especially for Pictures,as I can check the new pictures posted and not having to sort through ones I have seen before that have just been updated. Also if you were away from the board for say two days, you can select the timeline option in that box as well.

Last edited by candi; 11-20-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Thanks for this, Candi. But there still doesn't seem to be a way to avoid seeing topics that I've already read. Your method rearranges the posts in descending order, but still included are topics that began months ago. Every time someone replies to a thread, it appears on the QB as if it were a brand new topic. There are just too many threads to wade through. I don't want to spend that much time on the computer. There are many good features on the new board, but not being able to filter out old topics is a deal-breaker for me. I've gone back to just reading the digest, which means I probably miss a lot.