Signatures

Old 11-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Go to Settings>General Settings>Miscellaneous Options>Message Editor Interface and check the bullet for Enhanced Interface. Then go to the bottom and Save Changes. That will enable all the formatting options in your reply boxes, edit boxes, and all like that. Then go back and try to edit your signature with colors and fonts. Luck!
Thanks! At least that allows someone to type in a different font and color. Now if we can just fugure why the my live signature works for some and not others. :-) Oh cool, I just noticed the change to my quick reply. Very cool!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:59 PM

If you read debbie's post you will see the answer. The official decision has been made, they aren't coming back. I certainly would never have put a fancy moving signature in my profile had I realized it was causing even one member health problems.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
If you read debbie's post you will see the answer. The official decision has been made, they aren't coming back. I certainly would never have put a fancy moving signature in my profile had I realized it was causing even one member health problems.
I do not care for the moving ones. Also the moving or flashing ones are bad for people with epilepsy.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
The official decision on what? Moving gifs, yes, but on the mylivesignature ones, too? And if so, where did see that?

I don't have one and don't want one, but I know lots of members do and they neither move nor flash and lots of 'newer' sigs are bigger and more distracting than those were. Besides, they are showing up for at least two of the mods now so why not for the rest of the members??

Images are now permitted in signatures, either uploaded from your PC or from a website, animated gifs are the only ones forbidden. So the mylivesignature png files ought to work.

Last edited by ghostrider; 11-06-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Okay I tried what sewsewquilter suggested...hope it works. thanks....and apparently it did. Whoopie!

Last edited by csharp; 11-06-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add'l info
Old 11-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Signatures that end in png are a pingback and aren't allowed, I don't know why. I had a moving one, so that is what I had to remove. I like the fancy signatures, but don't know how to do one without the png.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:39 AM

Hi all trying out the 'new' interface to see if I can edit my signature as per instructions above..Yay! it worked..now off to do some serious ? stuff..good day all!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I think they've turned off this option. Clikc on Settings (top right) then "edit signature" (in the left bar on the settings page). Down at hte bottom is "signature permissions". Mine says:

Can Upload Images for Signature
No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
No

Since everyone has troubles, I think they have this disabled for all of us. No one has answered my question in the main thread, about whether this will be turned back on or not.
In trying to re establish my signature, I was emailing a moderator, I asked this question and the reply was as far as they knew, there were no plans to re enable this, so I went ahead and changed mine to the options offered, I have my live signature saved on the computer so it wiould be easy to add it back in the future if this changes. For those of you still trying to figure out how to change fonts, size and color, go to the settings (general) and open it at the bottom of the page there is a miscellaneous option check any thing but basic and try it, and if that one doesnt work try the other, one is wysiwyg, and the other is standard. I used standard..
Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Default Board changes - help!!

I noticed that a lot of members have their signatures showing up....mine still isn't and I can't seem to get it to show up. Also, I can still not use the email digest that I receive every day. It won't even scroll for me. Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 AM

Just FYI, several days ago they changed the Can Upload Images for Signature to Yes. The 'live' signatures can be saved as non-png files, although png files are permitted as images here so it shouldn't matter. There is still a piece missing from the puzzle. If they aren't going to permit whatever that piece is, they ought to disable it for everyone. There are still a lot of crossed wires to straighten out it seems.