Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Signatures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/signatures-t165421.html)

verna2197 11-02-2011 05:44 AM

Signatures

Okay I give, I have been trying & trying to put my signature and my little Tinkerbell back but I can't. Can someone give a little info on how to go about this? It would really help.

Not to crazy about the upgrade. Can't find a thing on here.

Verna2197

kristakz 11-02-2011 05:48 AM

I think they've turned off this option. Clikc on Settings (top right) then "edit signature" (in the left bar on the settings page). Down at hte bottom is "signature permissions". Mine says:

Can Upload Images for Signature
No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
No

Since everyone has troubles, I think they have this disabled for all of us. No one has answered my question in the main thread, about whether this will be turned back on or not.

noveltyjunkie 11-02-2011 12:15 PM

Signatures questions

I find it distracting that signatures now appear the same as the text of a post. I did try to change mine in "my profile" but, although it offered me a whole page of colours to change, I could not find how to change the font.

(In any case, what I really want to to change other people's LOL)

Anyone?

FERSID 11-02-2011 01:07 PM

Signatures

Originally Posted by Lacelady (Post 4618600)
Oh, in other words they have given us lots of things we (or I) don't understand, and taken away some of the simple, little pleasures that made this board fun.

Okay - here's what I think is happening (although I'm not a Techie and could be wrong but), your signature when you created it has extension, .png which refers to a Pingback.

When you send a message, your signature setup goes out to find the .png file and expects to receive a "pingback" - in otherwise it recognizes the signature and allows it to load.

If you look at the bottom of this page, you will see posting permissions. On the page I am viewing, it shows me that the Pingbacks are OFF. Hence, my signature file is not receiving the "Pingback" it expects and therefore, will not load.

That, my fellow QB members is what I believe is happening - IMHO

QuiltingVagabond 11-02-2011 03:52 PM

I had to take a crash course on BB code for vBulletin, which is the format for the new forum to get a special signature.

Hope it works!

QuiltingVagabond 11-02-2011 03:54 PM

It did work! Google BB code - it's the [color][FONT][size] stuff that I usually ask my SIL or 6 yr old grandson to help me with.

verna2197 11-02-2011 04:34 PM

another quick question how do we find all of our own postings?

patricej 11-02-2011 05:55 PM

animated signatures - particularly those that blink and flash - were causing serious problems for members with certain vision and neurological conditions.

i know in my heart that nobody here would demand the right to make their friends physically ill just to have a cutesy-wootsie signature.

please accept the change with grace. it's for a good cause.

Linda B 11-02-2011 06:41 PM

What happened to our fancy signatures?

Does anyone know if they will 'return' or if there is something we need to do to get them back? I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's fancy signatures.

bearisgray 11-02-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 4618983)
I find it distracting that signatures now appear the same as the text of a post. I did try to change mine in "my profile" but, although it offered me a whole page of colours to change, I could not find how to change the font.

(In any case, what I really want to to change other people's LOL)

Anyone?

I agree - I also find the large "fancy" signatures very distracting. If "space" is such an issue - which I was told is the reason for the 500 PM limit, why aren't they limited to a certain size?