Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Signatures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/signatures-t165421.html)

Joeysnana 11-03-2011 03:25 PM

I'm glad I found this thread. I was just wondering what happened to my signature!

Linda B 11-03-2011 08:22 PM

Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted!

Up North 11-03-2011 08:39 PM

Mine just showed up not sure what I did or didn't do that made it happen.

Lv2sew2011 11-03-2011 08:44 PM

Would like to know if the blinking signatures caused headaches and issues what about this background I can't stay and read to much because makes my eyes blurr and then I get a headache....

Originally Posted by debbieumphress (Post 4624778)
Under the rules section, there is a place that says, some blinking and colorful signatures caused some headaches and issues so it has been disabled. You can type or write on but not the fun ones we had.

Profile Signatures

- Keep your signatures to no more than 5 lines total. This will still give you plenty of room for fun and creativity. Blank separating lines are also counted.

- Use plain, black text in a small font (not larger than size 2).
************************************************** *************************Animated signatures - particularly those that blink and flash - were causing serious problems for members with certain vision and neurological conditions. For that reason, we have disabled that option.

- Please accept the change with grace. it's for a good cause. I know in my heart that nobody here would demand the right to make their friends physically ill just to have a cutesy-wootsie signature.

- Profile signatures should not include scriptural quotes or other forms of proselytizing, testifying, and sermonizing. Requests for prayers are permitted only in Members’ Blogs. They are the only overtly religious posts for which we allow exceptions when it's possible and practical.

ghostrider 11-03-2011 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 4625627)
I expect that somewhere in this new setup there must be a way to get to a dropdown box where I can chose my font, and size, like I do in word documents?

Anyhow, I would like an official answer, but I guess there are more pressing questions out there at present and I'll have to wait, which is OK for the moment.

Make sure that your message interface settings are set to enhanced and then the font and size options are with the color and other formatting options at the top of the message box. You can preview your changes and then click 'save signature'.

Lady Crafter 11-04-2011 10:38 AM

Why not remove the flashing signatures (inform the owners) and allow others the fun of just having their names show up in different fonts and colors?

noveltyjunkie 11-04-2011 06:28 PM

Thanks ghostrider- I don't know where my message interface setting are- can you tell me please?

twinkle 11-04-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 4633517)
Thanks ghostrider- I don't know where my message interface setting are- can you tell me please?

Settings right at the top of page and then general settings on left will take you to the right page.

I've just turned off seeing peoples signatures in settings as noticed quite a few today have changed theirs to large coloured writing, very distracting.

noveltyjunkie 11-04-2011 08:23 PM

Thanks twinkle, but I could not find anything there allowing me to set the font etc for my signature. I saw where to switch off other people's signatures though.

BuzzinBumble 11-05-2011 07:36 AM

Have any of you figured out....

1. How you can edit your signature lines in My Profile? I can edit basic info, but can't figure out how to get rid of my old non-working signature line.

2. How some members are able to change the font in their posts? I can only change it in my profile.

3. Why the Pictures category is not showing up in the Quilting Board Daily Digest busiest threads? Every day I check out the digest and am puzzled over why Pictures is left out. I still access it through Home, but I miss it in the digest.

4. How to get the QB to send you emails when new posts are made to a topic you posted in? I liked how the old site did that but then would stop once you stopped looking.

I would ask one of our moderators, but I think they have too much to handle already. Hoping many of you are more up to date with this than I am. Thanks!

-Lara B.

PS - Regarding the font being too small for some of us to read. I read in another post to press your control button down, then press shift and + (the plus sign). Sure enough, that makes it bigger. :D Pressing the minus sign makes it smaller again.