Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Most Amazing Thing Happend Today at Houston Quilt Show >

Most Amazing Thing Happend Today at Houston Quilt Show

Most Amazing Thing Happend Today at Houston Quilt Show

Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Default Most Amazing Thing Happend Today at Houston Quilt Show

Today I went to the much anticipated Houston Quilt Show and the most amazing thing happened to me. As I walked in the first thing I saw was a woman showing her award winning quit to a group of admirers. They were taking pictures and she was showing them the binding, the back of the quilt, only touching the quilt with white gloved hands. I stopped for a moment and to watch, then walked down the aisle and looked at the next quilt and I was overwhelmed at the beauty. Each quilt I stopped to look at I did the same thing just gasping and commenting out loud “Wow” and at the same time tears started to fall. I just wanted to weep. I could just feel the love, passion, the precious time, the energy. I fought back the tears; I didn’t want to draw attention to myself. I had to walk away for a few minutes to compose myself it was so intense. I walked down the next aisle and looked into the face of each quilt and tears started to fall again. What is happening? I am still stunned at the beauty I saw and will never forget this amazing touching experience.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 PM

Awwww.... Isn't that wonderful when unexpected beauty hits us unawares? :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Nothing is wrong with deeply experiencing the beauty around you. Many times nature's beauty will have this effect on people. You are obviously a deeply sensitive, caring and appreciative person and you were moved. What a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM

Thank you for sharing, Vicki. You can be so happy how sensitive you are...many people will never have such a deep feeling like you have.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 AM

{{{HUGS}}} to you....I get the same way at times...you're not the only one
Old 11-04-2011, 03:06 AM

I think that's a wonderful experience you had. I had so planned to go this year with my neighbor, but unexpected circumstance occurred and at the last minute , I had to decline...BOOHOOO! Maybe one year before I die, I'll be able to go and enjoy this event.

Hugs to you
Old 11-04-2011, 03:09 AM

I went to the Paducah show this year and I felt the same way. I think it's because we all know how much time, attention and love goes into each piece of every quilt that we make. I love that emotion!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 AM

Would you believe I almost have tears in my eyes reading your post? It's true! In this hustle and bustle world of computers and all kinds of electronics. It can be overwhelming to see items made from the heart and soul of artists. We can take the time to stop, relax and appreciate the beauty of our quilting sisters (and brothers).
Old 11-04-2011, 03:40 AM

I view the beautiful quilts..I cry tears of sadness because I will never be able to do that..then I cry tears of happness, because someone is able.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:41 AM

I have been overwhelmed at the Houston Quilt Show many times. Many of the quilts are just beyond stunning. As quilters we realize what went into these beautiful projects and that appreciation really touches my heart.