Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Need some advice on new quilt I am about to start >

Need some advice on new quilt I am about to start

Need some advice on new quilt I am about to start

Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Hi all:
Well I am about to embark on a new quilt. I brought this material a couple of years ago because I loved the Egyptian theme. I have been looking for a pattern that I thought would look good with this material. Below I will post the material first and then below that a picture of my two choices. I thought I would fussy the death masks to fit in a center block then use the turquoise and the gold hyraglific (please excuse the spelling) as the colors around each block. Then use the fan type design as the back of the quilt. Border will depend on the design I pick to use.
I like the Block of the month, seen on the right in the second picture, and that was my first choice. If I pick this one I will use a small red outline around the outside of the finished center, (1/2inch) then a 4 inch black border. My second choice was the Twisted Frenzy. I love this design but wonder if the fabrics mignt make it too busy. I though the death masks in the center blocks, then the turquoise and the gold as the material to out line the blocks. then use fill in black for the triangles on the outer part of the blocks and the gold and turquoise for the border.
So girls, let me know what you think, I value all your opinions and look forward to reading them.
I will let you know what I decide and post the quilt when I am done.ç
Penny

This was my first choice for the quilt design.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12922[/ATTACH]

First, here is the material I am going to work with.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14808[/ATTACH]

But then found this design and love it too. PLEASE HELP!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15339[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12922.jpe   attachment-14808.jpe   attachment-15339.jpe  
Old 02-21-2009, 10:33 AM

wow- I see your dilemna. I like both. Leaning toward the first- the death masks may lose the "wow effect" in the twisted frenzy. And how many times do we agonize over just the right pattern when the first one is always the one you come back to? (At least it does for me)

let us know what you decide. I do like the fabric choices though- that gold and turquoise are awesome.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:21 PM

I agree with Barbm. I think your first instinct is the best, too. Go with the first pattern.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:41 PM

I love the twisted frenzy but...have to agree with the other ladies, it may be too much competition for the masks. The material is beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.