Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can this quilt be saved? >

Can this quilt be saved?

Can this quilt be saved?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 PM

Ditto!.....

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I would send it back to the LAQ for immediate redo. This is something a professional LAQ should have noticed early on and fixed it immediately.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Power Poster

Sorry this happened to you. I am glad that she is sending the other quilt back with a refund. When you talked to her did she have an excuse? You said that she came recommended from the board. I am sure that she is embarrased and sorry that this happened. She had to have looked at it before she sent it back to you. This makes me wonder if she really did it or did she have a helper do it? I have never heard of Skinning the Quilt. I'll have to look it up to see what that means. Hope you will still have a Blessed Thanksgiving. BrendaK
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
Sorry this happened to you. I am glad that she is sending the other quilt back with a refund. When you talked to her did she have an excuse? You said that she came recommended from the board. I am sure that she is embarrased and sorry that this happened. She had to have looked at it before she sent it back to you. This makes me wonder if she really did it or did she have a helper do it? I have never heard of Skinning the Quilt. I'll have to look it up to see what that means. Hope you will still have a Blessed Thanksgiving. BrendaK
She admitted that it was unacceptable but didn't have an excuse.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 AM

I can imagine how you feel, I had one that wasn't quilted properly as well...Take it back and ask for it to be redone at her expence not yours...good luck with it.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm View Post
I agree that it needs to go back to the longarmer for either a refund or a re-do if you trust her. Personally, I'd do refund and take it to someone else, because the workmanship is so poor and the fact that you got a quilt in that condition tells me either she doesn't care enough to inspect her work, or she cares so little for your business that she will hand you shoddy workmanship and expect payment. Either is totally UNACCEPTABLE. If she is a friend, guess what? My advice is still the same. A friend should not use friendship as an excuse to give you sub-par quality.

Hopefully you can wash the quilt and the holes will come out, I have seen some pretty big holes be fixed with a wash, but the quilting definitely needs to be removed and re-done. Good luck getting it done by Christmas, I think you still have time and hope for the best. Keep us posted!

My sentiments exactly, so sorry you had this.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 AM

Ditto on all the above unacceptable
Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 AM

Really bad work! I wouldn't have the nerve to hand that back to someone. Get your money back.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 AM

why did you pay her? Make her fix it. Barb
Old 11-21-2011, 05:41 AM

Hi, looks like the tension is way off, I would undo and change the backing, what type of fabric did you use for the backing?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 AM

What was she thinking? Her tensions are off. Make her redo it if you trust her or get your money back and start over. This is not acceptable in any circumstance! What was she thinking charging you for such poor workmanship?????