Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Printing tutorials >

Printing tutorials

Printing tutorials

Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 AM

Default Printing tutorials

On attempting to print SOME tutorials, my computer freezes to the point where I have to do the "control-alt-delete". Re-trying produces the same result. This really aggravates me, as it seems to happen with the tutorials which I REALLY would like to have. Another printing problem is in trying to print SOME pictures of quilts which I like...page comes out blank. Is anyone else having this problem? Never experienced this before the QB change, and am not experiencing it with any other site. Is it something to do with the QB program, or is it me????
LeeJay
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 AM

This also has happened to me. Didn't know what to do.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:51 AM

I don't print from the QB. I copy the tutes or pics to Word then save and print. Printing from the QB takes up too much paper. I really wish they had a print function so we could print just what we needed and not all the ads, etc.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 AM

On some where I just want to print the picture, I set my printer to print page 1 only or page 1 & 2 if the picture is big. I will say I do have a new (within the last month) printer HP Officejet 6500A and do like it very much - no trouble yet.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

When I want to print something I just highlite what I want, click print, select section and then ok. This way I only get what I want. Hope you can work it out. BrendaK
Old 12-01-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
When I want to print something I just highlite what I want, click print, select section and then ok. This way I only get what I want. Hope you can work it out. BrendaK
I have done that and still some of the pics come out as an empty square with a smaller square with a red x in it, up in the corner. I'm thinking my system is too old to work at times...just like I feel!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 PM

This is what I do also; create a word document and cut and paste. I can edit the doc so there are less pages to print.

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I don't print from the QB. I copy the tutes or pics to Word then save and print. Printing from the QB takes up too much paper. I really wish they had a print function so we could print just what we needed and not all the ads, etc.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:25 PM

My son sent me to 'bullzip pdf printer'. I downloaded it from the net and installed it. I can then highlight what I want to save and click on print and then bullzip and click print. This program saved it as a pdf file. It doesn't work if the tute is done in multiple pieces. I then use work and copy and paste.
Lynda
Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM

I would hazard a guess that if your computer is locking or freezing-up when you try to print something with lots of graphics your computer needs more RAM.

If your computer has lots of RAM - not sure what could cause the print/freeze problem