Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I need instructions for buying postage/printing a label using Paypal >

I need instructions for buying postage/printing a label using Paypal

I need instructions for buying postage/printing a label using Paypal

Old 12-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Default I need instructions for buying postage/printing a label using Paypal

Before the board switched to the new software, there used to be instructions in the For Sale section about how to buy postage and then print the labels thru Paypal. I never copied it because I never thought I'd lose it, but today I went looking for it and it was gone. Any help would be wonderful, I can't even think about standing in line for posting a package today!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Do you have a scale so you can be accurate on the weight?

I just log in to PayPal and then click on "multi-order shipping". (If you don't see it, click on "Merchant Tools" across the top to get to it.) Entering the info is pretty self-explanatory. When you get to the next page, click on "print and pay" to get a drop-down window and click on "print and pay" again. Basically it pays for the postage from your PayPal account, and then you get a window to print out the label. I tape all across the label and along the sides except for the bar code; it's best to leave the bar code untaped so the machine has no trouble reading it. I usually wait until I have the label taped on before getting out of the program, just in case I need to reprint. You can reprint even if you get out, but it's a little more complicated to get back to it.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Yes, I do have a good scale and thank you, I think you were the one who originally gave us the info weren't you?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

I may have added to that thread, but there are others who know a lot more about PayPal shipping who posted. For example, there is a direct link to single shipment postage that saves some clicking, but I just do it the slow way.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:44 PM

www.paypal.com/shipnow is the direct link. After you log in you will be at the right page to make a shipping label. If you don't have money in your PP account you can use a credit card to pay, that is what I always do as I get points for using my CC.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM

The ship now link should work..this morning I couldn't get the multiple click to take Media mail...wound up sending DH to the PO...he said it was a piece of cake. However...next time!! I often need to ship books out and not being able to get media mail is a serious handicap.

Thanks you all for your help