Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found a different mid arm quilting system while surfing >

I found a different mid arm quilting system while surfing

I found a different mid arm quilting system while surfing

Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 AM

Default I found a different mid arm quilting system while surfing

http://joparrottquilter.com/system.htm

Never seen this before, don't know anything about it. Theres not to much information on this website, but its reasonable I thought.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:36 AM

looks quit interesting and affordable
Old 12-21-2011, 08:49 AM

It's a stretched vintage Singer. I wouldn't pay that much for a stretched Singer....but that's just me.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Looks like another person is getting into the 'stretch' machine business. Don't know the service reputation or if the customer service is any good. If I was in the market for a new Singer that has been stretched I'd go with Quilting Solutions. Their reputation and customer service is the best!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 AM

I have some concerns on this.

1) their website is very unprofessional
2) No mention of brand on the sewing machine

Most longarmers look for certain things that aren't mentioned here.
1) what's the highest stitches per inch does the machine do
2) speed control??? What does that "torque" stuff mean?
3) stitch regulator????
4) training???

That's just a few thoughts that ran through my mind.....
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

I agree with Dee. I wouldn't even consider it if I couldn't try it out.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM

I say, good for these people to go ahead and do something on their own. Yes, it is a stretched Singer. What's wrong with that? This is how home quilting systems are born. Someone takes an idea and runs with it. It may not have
all the bells and whistles, but for that price, do you know how many quilts that you could get done it? My dear husband is a machinist by trade and he stretched a Singer for me. It works great! If he hadn't built it for me, I wouldn't have a mid arm machine.
I don't mean to sound like a hag, but this system looks like it would work out really well. For someone just starting out with a frame, this would be a dream. Why not give them a chance?! Is't that what this country is founded on?
Sorry if I sound like I'm on a soapbox.
Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by jgriinke View Post
I say, good for these people to go ahead and do something on their own. Yes, it is a stretched Singer. What's wrong with that? This is how home quilting systems are born. Someone takes an idea and runs with it. It may not have
all the bells and whistles, but for that price, do you know how many quilts that you could get done it? My dear husband is a machinist by trade and he stretched a Singer for me. It works great! If he hadn't built it for me, I wouldn't have a mid arm machine.
I don't mean to sound like a hag, but this system looks like it would work out really well. For someone just starting out with a frame, this would be a dream. Why not give them a chance?! Is't that what this country is founded on?
Merry Christmas to all.
I believe you took our responses too much to heart!!! I was giving her ideas to look for. Yes, a stitch regulator does not HAVE to be on a machine, but if she's expecting one, she should realize it's not there. As for buying from someone online, without knowledge of what you're buying --- well, in this day and age, you can't be too careless!!! It may very well work out well for her. Heck, the big $30,000 Gammill doesn't work for me!!! However, I stand by what I said. I'd ask more questions --- and believe me, training is a BIG part of learning to longarm quilt.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 AM

Looks like it would work OK. If I had a place for one I might give it a try. If I could afford it someday.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by jgriinke View Post
Merry Christmas to all.
You the owner of the site? LOL!