Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is everyone?  Quilting, buying more fabric? >

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

My daughter brought her fiance home for the week, so I was busy. Besides, he took over my computer (no, he didn't ask. Don't get me started...). But I've started a floor mat quilt for my niece, hopefully I'll have it done soon, but I need to make five pairs of kids' slippers soon. I gave them the fabric for Christmas, but I want to have their feet present when I sew.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:41 AM

I haven't been logging on because of busy holiday responsibilities. I did pick up my quilt from the long arm quilter so I will working on the binding this weekend. Also I have been trying to convert my scrapbook room into more of my quilting and sewing room. Not an easy task. I am not buying more fabric right now although it is tempting.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 AM

DD and her hubby left yesterday...they had been here since Christmas Eve. Last week I was busy finishing up preparations for all our holiday celebrations and this week...I have just been lazy. Have not stepped into my sewing room at all. I have done some reading and some running around with my DD. Today I will attend the funeral of a dear friend's mother. Poor girl..she buried her brother last Thurs. 2011 has been a hard year for her...she has lost her dad, mom, and brother. I did make a list this morning of things I need to tackle before I go back to school on Monday so I will be busy the next few days. I most likely will not do any sewing now until after we return from our trip to Hawaii (we leave on the 6th!).
Old 12-29-2011, 07:39 AM

unwinding from all the tension of getting things done........
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 AM

been playing with my new serger. alot to read about. hoping to making a qult on it. Lorene
Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 AM

I have been busy with family and cleaning the quilt studio. I have been preparing the Christmas tree skirt for batting and backing as well as an embroidered snowman wall hanging. I am looking forward to lots of quilting time. But I must clean out the walk in closet and reorganize. Luann
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 AM

Default I'm here, but busy.

I've been out of town a few days for Christmas with all my family. My daughter and her family went back to Austin and my youngest son is headed back to NYC this afternoon. I'm fighting the sadness of his being so far away. Yesterday I went to the LQS and bought a couple more pieces of fabric (on sale at least) to finish the throw I made my daughter for Christmas. I was sick a couple of weeks in early December and my sweet husband did most of the shopping.

Anyway, I have somewhat monitored the board from afar, but I should be more in touch now. Unfortunately my computer is at the doctor for a couple of weeks so it may be hit or miss using my husband's computer and my ipad.
I think I am finally getting the hang of the new set-up. It is getting more comfortable.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 AM

I'm here! Far too much, too. Still recovering from the Just Dance I, II, and III that DH bought for DD. At age 58+ I should never have tried to out dance a 12 year old. Do the phrases, "back when I danced....or let me show you how to do that" ring a bell with anyone? Linament, jacuzzi baths, and Tylenol just haven't seemed to work fast enough. I'm also trying to get things ready for our annual New Years Eve 12 and 13 years olds' sleep over. That just might do me in. If you pray you might throw my name in there too. lol
Old 12-29-2011, 12:15 PM

DH had surgery on 11/23 and didn't come home from in-patient rehab until 12/23 so I've been busy running to and fro.

Also, made some really pretty beaded key chains this week for my friends for 'Epiphany' presents. Christmas is just too hard and I started about 3 years ago giving Epiphany presents as this is the day the church recognizes the gifts of the wise men.

Have a blessed new year.

Peggy
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM

I've been trying to clean up the house a little and get some fabric organized. It's not going too well though. I've also been working on two UFO's!!!