Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is everyone?  Quilting, buying more fabric? >

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:50 AM

Default Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

The board seems so quiet still, was wondering where everyone went. Perhaps they are quilting or buying fabrics on sale. I have been cleaning out my sewing room again so I can get to quilting the tops I made for the grands.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 AM

I've been busy sewing, DH took the kids camping and I have had a great time sewing up a storm, now to clean up my mess before they get home tomorrow
Old 12-28-2011, 03:45 AM

I started a new applique quilt before Christmas and I am working on piecing blocks for a project I started long ago.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 AM

Hi. I think I sewed for England before Christmas and then packed everything away =y before the holidays. However now twitching to get on and sew again. emmm need to sort out my sewing stuff but that sounds like a big job. Will continue to play (try and figure out how to make it work) my new FM couching foot.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:47 AM

My daughter got married last Friday, so that took up the entire previous week but for Christmas I got a wonderful quilt pattern with a ton of batik strips with which to make it. Just waiting for the New Year so that I can start and work without interruption.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:17 AM

I'm cleaning up / organizing my studio......I never realized how much "stuff" I've accumulated. Now I need to figure out WHERE to start
Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 AM

I have been organizing my fabric, cutting out flannel quilts for David's house (8 cut out, hope to have 12 done by May). Last year I bought a Heritage BOM from Keepsake Quilting on Ebay, all 12 months and the setting kit and backing, 2012 is the year I will do a Block a Month (or more). It took a while to find it in my stash, hence the organizing the stash. I have been shopping the sales on the Internet (stomach bug kept me at home). Didn't buy much, as once again my goal is not to do conspicuous consumption for 2012. My closets are full, the attic is packed, too much stuff everywhere. I am a pack rat. Got to clean out the frig (disgusting mess), organize the freezer, and give away clothes that I haven't worn in years.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:16 AM

I think this is a busy week for people, especially if you have kids. They are off school this week so that may not let a lot of time for moms to quilt! I started 2 new projects this week - a snowman wallhanging (need to get more Steam a Seam II for that) and a library bag for my little grandson.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:21 AM

Seems like it's been a hectic week getting things back in order after Christmas. I am trying to get myself organized and actually thinking about some gifts for next Christmas already.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 AM

I'm here! I had lots of school Christmas programs to direct the last couple of weeks, plus, of course, finishing up quilting projects. Then, my computer wouldn't let me on the Internet during the first week of my break. Think it was trying to tell me something? Monday this week, I was so happy, since my internet was finally working again. The first thing I did was load up at fabric.com with their 25% off coupon code. Second thing I did was post pics here. It's good to be back and playing on the board. I'm still finishing up some projects. I quilted a lap throw yesterday and will probably do the binding today. It's good to be back on the QB!