Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is everyone?  Quilting, buying more fabric? >

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 AM

Is fabric.com's 25% coupon still good? If so, care to share? I'm supposed to be on their email list but I never get anything.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:29 AM

Busy as usual. Currently working on the Orca Bay Mystery quilt. And most of recovering from the Christmas rush and taking deep breaths.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

A lot of people will be missing because .... this IS Christmas and holidays and kids home and family visiting and LOTS more events in life that take priorities over quilting. Yes, Sad, but Oh So True!

Last edited by patricej; 12-29-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 AM

Busy with family and home issues. This is the week that I try to complete this year's things in the house etc. I don't quilt much now until mid January when Christmas decorations come down - then I'm all about quilting!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 AM

I'm working at finishing the log cabin blocks for my sister's quilt. I have to make 81, and 4 to go. I noticed too that this board is a little quiet. I think, when we got this new board, some could not quite figure it out, and don't post as often
Old 12-28-2011, 07:22 AM

Just trying to recover from Christmas. I just got worn out but doesn't take much to do that these days. Thinking about birthdays coming up and gifts to make for next Christmas. Actually I'm dreading next Christmas. I'm so ashamed of myself for feeling that way. Christmas is so stressful and feel like what little energy I have goes quickly, so if I don't get started now, I will never make it by December 25, 2012.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 AM

I have been a couch potato with a nasty head cold. Haven't wanted to do much except be on the computer. Feeling better today so hope to get to the christmas decorations and get them put away.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:50 AM

My younger twin sisters have been back this past week from Los Angeles and since they only come back once a year I tend to spend as much time as we can together. We have also had some type of family event everyday for the past five days and today is the first day we don't have to go anywhere so I took advantage of sleeping in and not having to prepare a dish for another dinner (lol). Also will enjoy the day of not having a full-feed buffet in front of me........ But I have two customer rag quilts I plan on cutting out and start sewing together today.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:52 AM

I'm here. Recovering from the Christmas rush and a cold on top of that. But I loved all of it (except the getting a cold part, lol) I am off from work today to spend the day with dh - it's his birthday. We'll be heading over to his daughter's this afternoon to celebrate. The first thing I need to do before getting back into sewing/quilting mode is clean up my space. I've got tons of pieces of material still sitting in apile on my cutting table and my actual sewing area is a bit of a mess too. Once I get that done, I'm going to make my sister's tote bag that she was supposed to get for Christmas but it just didn't happen and then on to some other UFO's. I'm looking forward to another long weekend. We don't really get into the New Year's partying so I'm hoping to have some quality time to spend in my sewing room. Here's to a Happy New Year for all!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:58 AM

I'm still working on getting Christmas over with. I made the last fabric bowl yesterday and today I'll make a batch of brownies to go with it and get it boxed up and mailed. Then I have a quilt show to get organized in the next few days. Hanging day for the quilts is the 4th. Then I have a baby quilt and a challenge quilt to work on. And a whole list of UFOs to work on.