Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Best restaurants for group of 55 during AQS Grand Rapids show. >

Best restaurants for group of 55 during AQS Grand Rapids show.

Best restaurants for group of 55 during AQS Grand Rapids show.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM

Default Best restaurants for group of 55 during AQS Grand Rapids show.

We are coming from Ontario, Canada with a bus load of excited quilters. We are planning two dinners in Grand Rapids. Do you girls have any suggestions where we might eat. Not interested in fine dining or fast food, but places that take reservations and have the room and the food and the service. Am I asking too much? This will be in August 22-25 as you well know for the AQS Show in Grand Rapids.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 AM

I don't know the answer. But, I just told hubby that for our anniversary (Aug. 23) we are going on a road trip.
I go there for a food show every year. We only stay for the day. Hopefully, someone will have the answer.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:30 PM

I only live about 60 miles north of Grand Rapids that is Michigan isn't it. I do not know of anyplace right now but If I find out I will let you know. Give me your email address, mine is [email protected]
Old 01-15-2012, 06:22 AM

you are going to be in downtown Grand Rapids so I would send for the info and maybe you can do something right at the Amway center...I will be there also for 3 days...my hometown so looking forward to it...
Old 01-15-2012, 06:59 AM

I'm sorry it is the DeVos center not Amway...LOL I goggled the AQS August Show and they have all kinds of info...ordered the registration booklet too. List of resterants too...I made my reservations way back last summer...
Old 02-03-2012, 04:36 PM

Did you receive your registration booklet? I thought that they weren't ready yet.
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
I'm sorry it is the DeVos center not Amway...LOL I goggled the AQS August Show and they have all kinds of info...ordered the registration booklet too. List of resterants too...I made my reservations way back last summer...
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM

I'm near GR and used to live there. Let me find some ideas for you. What price range are you looking for? Will the whole group need to take meals together, or will people split into smaller groups? Will you need walking distance?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 AM

I've been thinking about what's downtown and how many people you will have. The two largest areas I can think of are 1) The B.O.B. - which is a multi-story building housing several restaurants. There isn't anything truly spectacular about the food, but the service is good and among the restaurants, they should be able to accommodate you with no problem. 2) San Chez Bistro - This restaurant has two levels, and I believe a separate room for large groups/banquets. The kicker is that it isn't cheap, but the food is very good. They have seasonal changes to their menu. They are a tapas restaurant (small plates/finger food sized portions) and typically a group would order many different plates and share tastes of each. The restaurant has a spanish flair to the menu. Both of these are located downtown so walking could be an option.

There are other restaurants in the area that are very good, but I've excluded them because of either distance or size of location. If' you'd like a list of other recommendations, I can list the restaurants and addresses for those that may want to strike out on their own.