Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ode to spring and Ugh to spring cleaning! >

Ode to spring and Ugh to spring cleaning!

Ode to spring and Ugh to spring cleaning!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM

Default Ode to spring and Ugh to spring cleaning!

Well, here it is again, Spring! I have had such a wonderful time all winter long sewing and quilting. But as they say all good things have to come to an end! Next week and for about 2 weeks total I will be doing my bi-annual house cleaning. I always give it a good "one" in the Spring. Curtains, windows, floors, carpets, ceiling fans, cleaning and straightening closets and cupboards, moving the fridge, stove, washer and dryer to get to all the accumulated winter dust. Ugh, my back hurts just thinking about it. I have been putting this off as long as I could. My excuses have run out. I have usually started by now, close to be finished but just wanted to complete a few more quilting projects "before". Gosh is was so wonderful just doing the bare minimum for 5 months so that I could rush back to my little sewing room. Oh the peace and quiet, just me and my "girls". Goodbye my sweet Singer 301, farewell Janome, you girls take a little much needed rest. We will pick up where we left off in a few weeks. I really do love Spring, really I do!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM

I prefer a much more measured approach - clean the windows, inside and out? then you get to sew for a couple of hours. Washed walls? that's good for about 3 hours of sewing. Moved all those applicances? Take a day off and sew!!! My mood is sew much better after a bit of sewing that I can get motivated to do a little cleaning. Try it!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM

Thanks paulswalia, never though of that, going to try it!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM
BMP

I have started mine !! I think its going to take more than a few weeks to get done since I have 2 rooms to get painted along with it !!