Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-07-2012, 07:56 PM

More comments on black licorice.... Ironically, in today's mail, Yogi Tea Company sent me 2 sample teabags. One is Ginger, and the other is _________. You guessed it - Egyptian Licorice (warming and naturally spicy and sweet per the wrapper). My SP did not put licorice as favorite candy (that's a clue), so I will keep it until the June swap just in case I get a licorice connieuseur as my SP.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Me me me, in 'some way'. My Great grandmother was BORN in Missouri and even had Missouri for her middle name! Does that count????
yeppers! see the missouri connection is far and wide.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
.... My SP likes insects. No more clues for a while. ....
well i know this is not me 'cause the only insects i like are dead ones or those far away from me and on national geographic specials!

speaking of which there was a segment tonight on a news show about consuming insects for proteins because they are plentiful and fast producing. entomologists are working to get insects sold in grocery stores and on americans plates sometime in the near future.

there is a restaurant in trendy san francisco that serves them on the menu and yuppies were there eating them as if they were chips. eewwwwww!!!!! yuk!!!!! i feel a nightmare coming on tonight.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Off topic***

May I please request pray for my 37 year old sister.
she is in the ICU , she has several blood clots and they had to remove her leg from the knee down. she remains in a coma.
Prayer please.
Wanda Lou I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Please know that DH and I are praying for her and your family. Keep us updated on her condition. While I was in the hospital the 1st and 2nd time there was an older woman and her family there for her husband who had been in a motorcycle accident and had no brain activity and because of this he was only on life support and they were not doing anything to repair any injuries. They keep telling to prepare herself for the time to make the decision to turn life support off. I talked with her and her family daily while I was there sitting outside. On day 10 she said that she was his eye open and close. The doctors told her it didn't mean anything as he wouldn't do it on command and still no activity. On day 11 he did it again and she got the doctors in there to see it happen. This time he did it on command. She got her miracle. She never gave up on him. The last time I saw her she said that she would never put God on the self and dust him off when she needed again. I pray that your sister will come through this.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM

We have a fabric shop in Oregon, when you buy for them online they always inclose a tea back its USUALLY Earl Gray, but sometimes........I for one HATE black licorice. I love all other flavors, especially marionberry licorice, but black!!! Yuck!!
I have one box licorice spice in my cupboard because that's what my grandma loves to drink. But I won't!

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
More comments on black licorice.... Ironically, in today's mail, Yogi Tea Company sent me 2 sample teabags. One is Ginger, and the other is _________. You guessed it - Egyptian Licorice (warming and naturally spicy and sweet per the wrapper). My SP did not put licorice as favorite candy (that's a clue), so I will keep it until the June swap just in case I get a licorice connieuseur as my SP.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by candi View Post
What a beautiful package,Jean.

Robyn, I was just thinking of you yesterday, sorry to hear you are in the hospital, sending you prayers and positive thoughts.

Regarding licorice, I love it too, black, red of what have you, I'll eat it all. Come to think of it, there is not any candy that I don't like

Dear Pal: I went shopping for you today Guess what I got you? Some thread. Didn't you want some? Don't panic though, I bought more than thread, how about some green fabric? Or red? Or purple? Ok one of these fabrics is mine, lol. But I did buy you some. I can't find any item that features what you collect, so I am making you a pin cushion that has it...hope you like it. Will be getting you some candy tomorrow or Monday and then in the mail it goes...are you working today?

We will have to organize another cross country shopping days again like last summer. That is after I get moved and settled in.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:04 PM

You convinced me. I will take licorice over bugs anytime!!! Ewwwwwww.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
well i know this is not me 'cause the only insects i like are dead ones or those far away from me and on national geographic specials!

speaking of which there was a segment tonight on a news show about consuming insects for proteins because they are plentiful and fast producing. entomologists are working to get insects sold in grocery stores and on americans plates sometime in the near future.

there is a restaurant in trendy san francisco that serves them on the menu and yuppies were there eating them as if they were chips. eewwwwww!!!!! yuk!!!!! i feel a nightmare coming on tonight.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Thumbs up to marionberry tea!!! Yummy. Until today, I have never even heard of licorice tea. It's good to learn something new everyday, even if it IS about tar tea.

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
We have a fabric shop in Oregon, when you buy for them online they always inclose a tea back its USUALLY Earl Gray, but sometimes........I for one HATE black licorice. I love all other flavors, especially marionberry licorice, but black!!! Yuck!!
I have one box licorice spice in my cupboard because that's what my grandma loves to drink. But I won't!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Well, I am going to jump on the black licorice wagon. I love black licorice and have had the licorice tea before, too. With it heating up outside, I guess I will change my fav candy from chocolates to things like jelly beans, lemon drops, werthans butterscotch, good & plenty (black licorice), tootsie rolls, things like that.
Wanda Lou & Robin, prayers going out to you and your families.
I believe the computer problems was due to that big, bright full moon we had this weekend. I always hated working during the full moon. We had lots of violence and fires in our town over the week end. Some was very sad.
As for my SP, she hates one thing that I hate, SEAMRIPPERS. Her least fav color is my fav. She celebrates all holidays like I do. Thats all she gets for now.
Bonnie
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM

I worked in a nursing home, and I swear EVERY single time there was a full moon all the people we were taking care of went wild.

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie View Post
Well, I am going to jump on the black licorice wagon. I love black licorice and have had the licorice tea before, too. With it heating up outside, I guess I will change my fav candy from chocolates to things like jelly beans, lemon drops, werthans butterscotch, good & plenty (black licorice), tootsie rolls, things like that.
Wanda Lou & Robin, prayers going out to you and your families.
I believe the computer problems was due to that big, bright full moon we had this weekend. I always hated working during the full moon. We had lots of violence and fires in our town over the week end. Some was very sad.
As for my SP, she hates one thing that I hate, SEAMRIPPERS. Her least fav color is my fav. She celebrates all holidays like I do. Thats all she gets for now.
Bonnie