Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Labels - Any ideas on making them? >

Quilt Labels - Any ideas on making them?

Quilt Labels - Any ideas on making them?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 PM

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quil...nd-a-giveaway/

pretty label method.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM

I have an HV, ES, embroidery/sewing machine and I make my own just using a frame design and the fonts on the machine....there are lots of downloadable labels on the web tho and on the QB....
Get the fabric you can run thru your printer and download some. I'm sure someone on here can tell you what/how to do this and it's not rocket science...I have just not done it ...YET....and wouldn't want to tell you something wrong!

Good Luck and Hugs, Drue
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 AM

I use my emb. machine to make my quilt labels.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
There are lots of tutes here on the QB. I know because I wrote one of them.

ali
And thank you for that...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/15/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I have all my labels done by sewnsewer2 here on the board. They are machine embroidered and she is a dream to work with!!
This is what I do too.
Dawn is a pleasure to work with.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 AM

I also found a book of labels that you iron on, then hand embroider!

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i have a couple books of label transfers i picked up at Joannes- they are assorted sizes, designs, themes- you iron them onto fabric & fill them in with permanent micron pens- i have bought yardage (from moda the last time) of labels that you simply cut out- finish the edges or apply fusible- again fill in with marker or embroidery- what ever
often i print a picture on a piece of fabric then write my label over the picture- or i design it on the computer & print it on fabric---there are tons of ways to make labels-
i have a friend who writes her label (with machine embroidery or a marker) on her binding- then you can read all the way around the quilt- i have even just written on the quilt itself with the label not being a separate component- but part of the quilt-
one quilt i made the label as the quilting itself- i love to write with the long-arm - my penmanship seems much better with the machine free hand than with a pen sometimes- so i just started at the top & wrote out a label/story as the quilting design.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

i i make alot of baby quilts for charity i will use something in one of fabrics to make a label turtle duck heart etc. i just usually sign my name and year.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 AM

Mine are done by necessity - I don't yet own an embroidery machine. I find some clip art and put it on a Word document so that I can add lettering and then print it to a piece of muslin attached to some freezer paper. It gives me the variety I need and I can add anything I want. Maybe not the flashiest, but it documents what needs to be on the quilts. Here are some pics -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]331662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]331660[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]331661[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tamarins-tshirt-quilt-016.jpg   100_3641.jpg   100_3660.jpg  

Last edited by peggymunday; 04-29-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: It ate my wording?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM

Default Quilt Labels

I've tried different things, but this is an easy one if you don't want to get into using a printer. I got these blank labels at a quilt store, and because my handwriting leaves a lot to be desired, I made up a label in microsoft word. I then put my fabric up to the computer screen, and traced the letters in pencil, and later I went over it with a fine tip permanent marker. The second photo is a little fuzzy, but at least you can get the idea. The one thing I've had a bit of a problem with is that the permanent marker wants to spread into the surrounding fabric, so you have to mark super lightly. Lots of other good ideas on this thread, best of luck with whatever you try!
Attached Thumbnails sdc11130.jpg   sdc11127.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I have all my labels done by sewnsewer2 here on the board. They are machine embroidered and she is a dream to work with!!

DITTO! I love her work and have never been disappointed with any labels I have purchased from her!!