Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Antique Dearing F treadle sewing machine >

Antique Dearing F treadle sewing machine

Antique Dearing F treadle sewing machine

Old 05-08-2012, 10:59 AM

Default Antique Dearing F treadle sewing machine

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My wife and I were recently given an antique sewing machine that belonged to her great-grandmother. It is an antique treadle machine that has the name Dearing F on it. The chrome plate in front of the needle has the numbers 2586376 stamped on it. I assume that that is the serial numbers.
After researching on the Internet, the only information I could find was a note on your forum by one of your members who has a similar machine. I believe this machine to be in good working order except for a broken drive belt. Any help or insight into this matter by your members would be greatly appreciated

Respectfully,

Larry Breton
Old 05-08-2012, 11:54 AM

If you could please post some pictures of the machine we may be able to give you more information. There were many machines made by only a few manufacturers who "badged" them with different names for retailers. So, you see many names that you can't find any information on, because they may have been only a small order for one particular retailer. There are lots of these. Yours may be in that category. The serial number really has no relevance without knowing which manufacturer made the machine.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Hi Larry,

Your "Dearing F" might have been made by a variety of manufacturers. A picture would be helpful though I suspect it is made by Davis.

Jon
Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Hi Jon, Thank you for replying, I am not that great with computers but will try to get a picture to you soon. Do you have any links or leads on any sources of information that I can search myself? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My E-Mail address is [email protected]. Many thanks.

Larry
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM

I will try to get a picture to you soon. My e-mail address is [email protected]. Many Thanks,

Larry Breton
Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Larry,

Treadle belts, oil and other supplies can be had from a variety of places. My favorite is Sew Classic
http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/

They sell most of what you'll need except hard parts and some out of print needles.

Joe
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM

I have 3 good pictures of the machine but I am having difficulty connecting with your e-mail. I appreciate your patience.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 PM

I have the same problems with the pictures. Anyone know what I click on to add a pic---I've looked and looked. Anyway, if your Dearing looks like the ones half way down the page it was made by Davis, roughly 1910. Davis stenciled in whatever name the wholesale buyer wanted on their machines. They also made about a million "Minnesota" sewing machines for Sears.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...43881-289.html

Jon