Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 >

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM

Maybe one of you can help me. I have a Brother PC 6500 embroidery machine. It decided to eat the thread the last time I used it; it wound around a bearing. The machine is out of warranty and I am pretty good at fixing machines but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the housing off of the machine. Any ideas? I could send it in for repair but the nearest dealer I would trust to fix it is 2 hours away. Money is also a consideration - I have none.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:08 PM

I came out of my Rip Van Winkle sleep 7 years ago and decided to learn to quilt ( I used to do garment sewing but had quit doing it.). I decided that I needed to replace my Jr. High gift from my parents.....a Singer Stylist (zig zag was new! 1971 or 1972). So..... I went shopping....talk about SHOCK! I had no idea that we could do home embroidery! I fell in love instantly and shopped all of the name brands. With my head spinning....I hit the vendor websites to compare features etc. I purchased my Janome 9700. I had never even heard of "Janome" but a friend of a friend recommend hers highly so off to a dealer I went! I love my machine and have since purchased. Janome decor 3050 for portability...and recently bought a Janome 1100d Serger. I want to get back into some simple garment sewing.

While I love having the option to embroider....I don't use it all that much. I know that the newer machines are more advanced etc. but I don't see me replacing mine anytime soon. But I am glad to have options.

Sandy
Old 07-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Mitch's mom--I PM'd you with some info that I hope can help you.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
I quilt with my eb machine. I just make sure to position the machine on a large table, in the center so the wt of the quilt is totally resting on the table and not pulling on the hoop.
Crqltr....do you happen to have any pictures of a quilt that you quilted like this? It definitely sounds interesting to me being I also have a Janome 300e and I am desperately trying to learn to use it after having it for about a year and a half. Thanks! Pat
Old 07-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee View Post
If all your looking to digitize are simpler items I want to suggest Stitch Era Universal it's a free software and even though it has limitations it is pretty good. I started using it two years ago while I was learning and until I found the software I wanted. It does support all machine files. http://www.freesierrasoftware.com/
Take a look and give it a try.
Hi MzMcKee...I have been looking for this post and your response for several days and finally found it. Thanks for the suggestion. I did download the Stitch Era Universal. I started off great but don't know if I changed some setting on it but now when I go to type in the lettering I want I can only do one line...it won't go to the second line and I hadn't changed the font or size of font.

I read that Yahoo has a user's group for Stitch Era Universal where everyone helps each other with problems...just what I need since there is no "help" with the program. I went on to Yahoo groups and signed up and like with any other Yahoo group that I have signed up for it says you are signed up and the moderator will email you in a day or so of your approval. Well, it is almost a week and I haven't heard back from them yet. When I go to the sign up page it says "your membership is awaiting approval of group
Old 07-07-2012, 05:45 PM

sorry..................I don't know if it's my tablet but I have a hard time typing replies. If I make a mistake and go back and fix it I can't get back to where I want to type....I get it all highlighted in blue and can't go beyond the highlighting. I need help with that too....LOL...need lots of help.

But the sign up page says memebership is awaiting approval by group owner. I have never waiting this long. I'd sure appreciate it thereis anyone on the board that belongs to that group that would email the group owner and see if she is neglecting to check emails or where ever they look at approvals.

Basically I would really like to know if there is any way I could set the Era program back to all the defaults. Any help would sure be appreciasted. Thanks! Pat
Old 07-08-2012, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
sorry..................I don't know if it's my tablet but I have a hard time typing replies. If I make a mistake and go back and fix it I can't get back to where I want to type....I get it all highlighted in blue and can't go beyond the highlighting. I need help with that too....LOL...need lots of help.

But the sign up page says memebership is awaiting approval by group owner. I have never waiting this long. I'd sure appreciate it thereis anyone on the board that belongs to that group that would email the group owner and see if she is neglecting to check emails or where ever they look at approvals.

Basically I would really like to know if there is any way I could set the Era program back to all the defaults. Any help would sure be appreciasted. Thanks! Pat
And you got no user's manual with the Era program? If you can look for the Stitch Universal in your computer... START >ALL PROGRAMS, hover over and see if a window opens with the user manual installed there. Otherwise, I'd do a search on line for it. You should be able to find information SOMEWHERE! I had the ERA program briefly, but liked MY EDITOR better, and the programs list is where I found my manual.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
And you got no user's manual with the Era program? If you can look for the Stitch Universal in your computer... START >ALL PROGRAMS, hover over and see if a window opens with the user manual installed there. Otherwise, I'd do a search on line for it. You should be able to find information SOMEWHERE! I had the ERA program briefly, but liked MY EDITOR better, and the programs list is where I found my manual.
No, there is no user manual that comes with it...it is a free program and before you even download it you are notifird of this and also told that it is best used by an experienced digitizer. But mainly I downloaded it for simple tasks and to create quilt labels.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
No, there is no user manual that comes with it...it is a free program and before you even download it you are notifird of this and also told that it is best used by an experienced digitizer. But mainly I downloaded it for simple tasks and to create quilt labels.
I've been told that if you order the $15 Cd it has a users manual on it. There is a FAQ section on their website so maybe that would help. I know that since it's free they don't give support but there is some help on their site. Good luck. I was going to get it but then decided to get the 5D Pro instead. Maybe if you uninstalled your software and downloaded another copy it would go back to the way it was before. Just a thought. Hope it helps.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Oh yes you would!!!! Maybe not at first but if you look at all the ones being done, I just know you'd change you mind. LOL They are beautiful!
I agree. When I got my Ruby I hadn't even thought of doing quilting with it. But they make it so easy with really large hoops and tons of quilting designs out there you'll be designing before you know it. Even if it's just small things at first like my granddaughers pin wheel quilt; in the open areas she likes cats and dogs so that was easy to add more to her quilt for Her and there are so many free designs and then loads of them always on sale. I got some of greatest designs for kids from Hatched in Africa when the toured the states and I still go to their site. Embroidery is like an addicition, once you see how easy it is then you are constantly thinking what can I do next. I just pulled some shirts out that I really like but had stains on the front; well I'm going to embroidery over the stains and keep my shirts.