Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 >

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by slk350 View Post
This should be very interesting to watch. Embroidery is not my thing, but I'm thinking of getting a used upper end machine and a lot of them seem to have embroidery on them. I know I wouldn't make quilts with them, but would maybe use one for towels, quilt labels, maybe baby items...
Oh yes you would!!!! Maybe not at first but if you look at all the ones being done, I just know you'd change you mind. LOL They are beautiful!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Total number from 2-11-2009 until 7-3-2012 (today) equals............2213 designs!

Hello my name is Louise and I am addicted to embroidery designs.

Aww! ME TOO! but I'm still in denial. LOL My total designs #, unknown at this time, but it must not be enough because I keep adding to it. LOL.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Not familiar with the previous thread y'all are talking about but glad to read this one. About 3 or 4 years ago (years go by so fast when I am not paying attention!) I spotted a lady on craigslist who was selling lots of quality quilting fabric. She also happen to be selling her Bernina Artista 200 embroidery machine. I was only interested in looking at the fabric but mentioned to my DH about the machine. He felt if I could use it, I should buy it. So, off we went. I bought a lot of her fabric and the Bernina... AND 300+ spools of Isacord thread for a $1 each (again, DH's prodding). Sewwww, since then I took lots and lots of classes and bought a lot of programs and was completely overwhelmed. For a few years now I haven't touched any embroidery but am wanting to pick it up again. I probably have over a dozen embroidery projects in the works and one lace table runner 'almost' finished. So, that is why I am glad to see this thread. Hoping I can gain encouragement to get going again and learn new things. I feel like I have forgotten everything I learned since I have been away from it for so long. Besides finishing the table runner (which is for one of my vintage treadle machines), I would like to master labels for my quilting projects. Thanks.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 07-04-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I would like to master labels for my quilting projects. Thanks.
I love making labels for my quilts using my machine. I'm going to post 2 labels I made using my old Bernina. I had a software disk for the Bernina that I got the files from.
Attached Thumbnails img_1074.jpg   img_1073.jpg  
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 AM

I guess I should have asked this question here....please go to my orginal post here. Thanks bunches. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t193590.html
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 AM

I just send you a reply on the other thread... sorry didn't think just to do it here or just to send you a pm.. silly me.

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
I guess I should have asked this question here....please go to my orginal post here. Thanks bunches. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t193590.html
Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 AM

I now use Generations Plus Digitizing software... I love it and I found great training online at www.artisticthreadworks.com Holly and Larry have 100's of training videos, not just for Generations but for embroidey in general.

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Thanks for the tip. This is exactly what I need also until I figure out what I want/can't live without.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Karenowc View Post
I love making labels for my quilts using my machine. I'm going to post 2 labels I made using my old Bernina. I had a software disk for the Bernina that I got the files from.
Karen, your labels are so pretty. I have trouble getting my text to sew as small as I would like. I think I will need to get it out and practice some more.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:21 PM

I have a Brother 350SE, then added the Brother PE770. I, too, found that slowing the speed down on the 770 seemed like it helped - don't know if it actually helped the machine or my feeling of control. :-)

Speaking of hoops - has anyone tried the continuous feeding and embroidery with the Snap-Hoop? I have read everything I have been able to find on it and have been toying with the idea of getting one for my 770 but wonder if anyone has had experience with it?

Marysewfun
Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 AM

I bought my first embroidery machine in 1989. I still use it. I do have embroidery on alot of my quilts and even my patchwork quilts for some fru fru fun. You can do great things from simple to difficult and the price range is from low to over the top. I now have a viking, singer, brother, small brother and kenmore bought thru the years. my small brother is really old but I probably use it more than the others. I would love a machine embroidery group.